Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Robotics anyone?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Beast388, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I just figured I'd share my latest project at work. We have taken on a very large account at work that has the potential to quadruple our yearly sales. Because of this, we are purchasing some sizable capital to help us meet our customer's demands.

I have been put in charge of obtaining a robot cell to trim parts. Currently our robot cell is in the construction stages at the supplier. This past week, I was in training on how to program and manipulate this robot. The "end effector" that will be attached to it will be a 10hp 18,000rpm router motor that will spin various implements of destruction to trim parts.

Here are a few pics showing its current state of build as of Friday 9/9/06. To give you an idea of its size, If I stand flat footed on the floor and reach as high as I can, my finger tips reach the face of axis 6 which is the round black surface to which the router motor will attach.

Does anybody else out there use robotics at work? This is a completely new technology to me (although there are some similarities to CNCs) which is quite facinating.

This a Fanuc 200kg arm. It can pick up 200kg and move it 6ft per second.:eek1: :bow:

IMG_4070.JPG

IMG_4072.JPG

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Pretty cool stuff! I am thinking of that type of field when I get out. We have a lot of electro hydraulic systems on the jets, but I would think besides the inner workings of the CPU the theroy is the same.

3. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

200 kg at 6 fps? You've got to be ****ting me! :yikes:

4. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Yea, pretty amazing. We didn't buy this particular arm for its payload ability. We opted for this one for its reach. We will have a router motor on the end of it which weighs about 100lbs.......or about 45kg.:D

I am still amazed at how fast these robots can move......with 0.3mm+/- repeatability!:eek1: :bow: