Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rochester, N.Y. Marine, receives Navy Cross

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tomseviltwin, May 13, 2004.

1. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    When his audacious attack ended, he had cleared over 200 meters of the enemy trench, killing more than 20 enemy soldiers and wounding several others.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

story

2. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

[ QUOTE ]
    His ammunition depleted, Chontosh, with complete disregard for his safety, twice picked up discarded enemy rifles and continued his ferocious attack.

When a Marine following him found an enemy rocket propelled grenade launcher, Chontosh used it to destroy yet another group of enemy soldiers.

When his audacious attack ended, he had cleared over 200 meters of the enemy trench, killing more than 20 enemy soldiers and wounding several others.

"They are the reflection of the Marine Corps type who's service to the Marine Corps and country is held above their own safety and lives," said Gen. Hagee, commenting on the four Marines who received medals during the ceremony. "I'm proud to be here awarding the second highest and third highest awards for bravery to these great Marines."

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    "I was just doing my job, I did the same thing every other Marine would have done, it was just a passion and love for my Marines, the experience put a lot into perspective," said Chontosh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Semper Fi

/forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

[​IMG]

3. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

That's the kind of traditional fighting I love! Skill, honor, and viciousness! AMEN!

5. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

SIMPER FI

6. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Thats the kind of stuff they need to have on the news. Not all this other crap. Hell show the people what our Troops are doing. That made made it into the Marine Corps History when he done that. Semper Fi!

7. civicstomper

civicstomper 1/2 ton status

Thats been the big news around here lately. Good to see soldiers getting the recognition they deserve /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

8. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

One of the local talk radio guys "the Kimmer" read his citation on the air. This man has upheld the traditions on the Corps not just w/ words but w/ his actions in the face of severe danger.

This is what needs to be on the six o'clock news, not the Iraqy prisoners w/ bags on their heads who were trying to kill Americans. Put this Marine on and the video of Nick Burg on TV and wake up the people of our country to what is going on in the world.

Semper Fi Leather Necks! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

9. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

BTW, for those of you who do not know the Navy Cross is second only to the Medal of Honor. This a very big deal.

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

11. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I was just going to post this! I read this article this morning when I got to work. Unfortunately I had to get it from a friend in NJ. Nothing on the local or national news, and I read a lot of it every morning.

We need more Americans to hear something they can be proud of about the military. Glad to see that our Marines still have HUGE balls.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Wow, it's so cool to see a man commended like that. I can only imagine how it has to feel to be in his shoes.

Not to take away from his citation, but I hope a number of the members of his platoon were also cited. The citation makes it sound like one person did it all--but I'm sure a number of the members of his platoon were just as brave in this entire thing as he was.

Cool to see the captain get the Navy Cross, but what about his marines? I wish they'd show his men next to him wearing silver stars or something. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif