Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rock Auto

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by twodollars, Dec 7, 2006.

1. twodollars

twodollars Registered Member

Anyone tried them? I bought tie rod ends and the ends for the pitman arm for my 88 3/4 ton burb. Delivered to my door for just about 35 bucks. Parts were spicer, and fit as ordered. I just ordered all of the steering links for my 95 3/4 ton burb for 62 bucks delivered.

2. fwc

fwc Registered Member Premium Member

Their online catalog is one of the easiest for looking up random part numbers. I have been buying from rockauto for a couple of years now and their prices are the lowest almost everytime and I have never had an item backordered. Here is the most recent discount code: 549944492559

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

hmm..

I need new draglink ends for my 82 K20...cheapest I can find here are 65 bucks for both ends and the sleeve,but they have to order them,and they will be "Parts Master" brand,which isnt always good quality..one Moog end costs 45 bucks!..since money is tight due to Christmas,I would like to find some for less,BEFORE my draglink falls to the pavement!..I"ll check this place out,might be the answer to this dilema..:crazy:

4. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

I use them all the time, especially for obscure stuff that must or my local stores don't carry or are WAY over-priced on (gas tank senders, front hub/rotor assys, spindle bearing kits, etc).

I've never been disappointed with either the parts, prices or delivery times. They are a first-rate operation. :bow:

5. rafterman191

rafterman191 Registered Member

Haven't ordered from them yet, but heard good things about them. Good prices, good selection. Just need some loot to throw around.

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

not much cheaper!..

You got all 3 peices (two dragling ends and a sleeve) for 35 bucks??--or just ONE peice for 35 bucks??..

...I looked on their website,for my 82 K20 those parts were between 37 and 44 bucks each,depending on what brand!..I can match those prices locally ,so I guess I'll buy them right down the street..but they do have some good prices on other things I looked up...:crazy:

7. twodollars

twodollars Registered Member

I got two tie rod ends, and both of the ends on the pitman arm (essentially 4 tie rod end type pieces), delivered for 35 bucks. Also got all of the ends for my 95 burb (2 inner tie ends, 2 outer ends, drag link, pitman arm) for 63 dollars. I can't understand how it is so inexpensive, but the parts show up and fit.