Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rock Crawling comes to your area!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by keith, Apr 21, 2003.

1. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

web page /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Keith, thanks for the heads up.

Anyone know who's hosting this site???
    One of our CK5 members perhaps?

3. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

It's put on by some of the Midwest Jeepthing Club members. They formed the group. They are building the trails at Sayersbrook Bison Ranch. I've been there - they have some decent trails. The only Beef I have with the whole deal is, the owner of the Bison Ranch is charging big dollars to wheel at that park. It costs you like $50 for a weekend of wheeling on normal circumstances, I can't imagine what they will charge for a competition weekend.

Anyone interested in competing?

4. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

OH OH! Interested! I have already got a screen name on their site! What town is that in? I would LOVE to get into that! Hook me up my man! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

-Dan

5. Mudzer

This is northeast of Potosi about 10 miles. I would be game to enter this competition too if I had a Spotter! Layne? Steve? Earl..? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Let Earl "the rock spliter" Drive and you spot for him Mudzer

7. Mudzer

I'll bring plenty of spare parts. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

I would think that if you just let him go a spair truck would be needed /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

9. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

You need to add a tow rig to that spare parts list /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    And some bumpers /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BIGJ

10. Mudzer

Yes Jeff, that would be nice. Maybe you should build me a trailer while you are at it! Better yet, Ill just take yours. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

If that's the case, we need to add some zero's to the check you gave me /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

BIGJ

12. thebigdaddyof2

Neil,
    This ranch, what's the terrain like?
    Are these guys typical Jeepers (biased) or are they cool?

I registered on the site as well. I even gave RoknTJ some sites to check out for hydro assist....been waiting for a response of somekind (flamed or not).

13. Mudzer

For the most part, they are pretty cool. I have wheeled with their group several times. Of course, you still have the "Stocker TJ" crowd who eat and sleep Jeep - but you cant blame them, I speak Blazer very well too!

The ranch is nice and well maintained. The trails are like a golf course, well groomed! I only went on one test run at the Bison ranch, thats when the Battery blew up on the trail. Note: battery blew, because I stalled out my Manual numerous times - that should give you an indication of the "goodness". There were some pretty steep trails but nothing like Hot Springs! I look forward to seeing what they do there. Cant wait to Hammer it on their course! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. berg76

berg76 1/2 ton status

I think I saw your battery at the top of one of the hill climbs a couple months ago. My buddy and his ScoutII were up there with a friend of ours who is the Treasurer of the club 'Nathan' aka RoknTJ. We only made one of the trails before it got to late. We only saw one difficult obstacle on that trail. It was a very steep hill climb with mud and loose bolders. Nathan's TJ on 40s couldnt make it. Noone else would try /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif. No k5s in the group only heeps. One of my leaf springs had a leaf cracked in 2 spots so i didnt want to risk breaking the rest /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif.

jason

15. Mudzer

Hey Guys! Who is going to the MoROC event July 12-13th?

I think theBigdaddyof2, myself and some others will be there. Who else is going? Lets give them a good showing of K5's!

16. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I would be a little leary of something spoinsored by a group of country boys sporting a name like "Ass Hogger" /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif (A sponsor on that page)

17. big pappa b

I'm gonna be in St. Louis that weekend visiting family. I might just drive the 1 hour to go check it out.
    Does anyone have directionjs to the park from St. Louis off I-55 south

18. Mudzer

You might PM theBigdaddyof2, he will be traveling down on Friday. Check their site on the link above. They have directions from St. Louis. Let us know if you will be there, I can get you in for free as a passenger. My passengers get in free. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. big pappa b

I looked all through their site before I posted cause I couldn't find any direction or address. I just looked again and still can't find anything.
    Either I'm blind or it's not their. I did just get off work so my eyes may not be working right /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

20. thebigdaddyof2

I'm driving the Queen down so NO TRAILERING ISSUES should arise. Shagz and I plan to camp Fri and Sat nite and wheel Sat and Sun....if I can keep the concrete cruiser patched together, that is.

This should be a blast watching the Dana 30s, 35s and some Dana 44s explode!!

Directions (from the MOROC site):
    From St. Louis, MO:
    Take highway 21 south (Tesson Ferry) approximately 60 miles to Potosi.
    You will turn RIGHT onto highway 8 at the Citgo station ( which is best place to gas up before the ranch), and right next to the citgo is a Super 8, the best place to stay there, well besides camping Go through town on highway 8, Just after you get out of town you will cross a bridge, shortly after the bridge, you will turn right onto Highway 185, drive about 1 mile and turn LEFT onto Highway AA, drive for 7 miles, will go down a huge hill then on the crest of the next smaller hill you will see a sign that reads, "Sayers Brook Bison Ranch" (sign is on left) BUT you will need to turn RIGHT! From there, staff will direct you where to go.