Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ROCK CRAWLING MOTORHOME?!?!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blender, Feb 4, 2002.

1. blender

blender Registered Member

I thought my suburban was big, check this out. www.maximog.com

2. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.maximog.com>www.maximog.com</a> clicky

the sad part is that it's probably shorter than yur sub, lol
    unimogs are probably the best " stock " offroading vehicle you will ever find,,made in germany i believe, and by mercedes,,even the old 60's and 70's ones are expensive. it's like a big truck on steroid's lol [​IMG]

<font color=purple>ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]</font color=green>

3. blender

blender Registered Member

Thanks for the clicky k5king, that thing looks like something from the sci-fi channel.

4. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

HA HA HA !! yes it does.
    if you've never seen a unimog before yur missing out,,i have yet to actually " see " one but i've seen videos and pics of them,,they are wild,,they have 18 or 20 inches of ground clearance stock ! they can do some pretty decent side slopes and this one will do a 45 degree slope,,which i think they all will anyhow.for as big as they are,,they are quite capable of just about anyhting you can put them through in the 4 wheelin' end.
    this one was specially built,,but it doesn't seem like they made to much of an improvement,,just made everything electronic and put a different motor in.but it would be cool to get to play in for a week [​IMG]
    imagine if one of these guy's did tellico or rubicon ? i know one was here and did some pretty nasty trail's at paragon,although i think he moved some tree's outta the way [​IMG]

if you wanna lern how to make extra stuff in your post,,scroll up and click on the " FAQ " ,,it'll tell you how to make link's to url's and color and what not.
    oh,,and welcome newbie [​IMG]

wish we had the POR smileys to welcome him right , he he

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

We don't flame new people like POR does either. I hate how rough they get with some New people. Some come with genuine interest and good stuff to contribute and they drive them off when they flame them. Not something we want to do here. Although we do have the CK5 Lynch mob that does a good job of bashing on folks and running them off.
    I personaly like this software better than POR. It's capable of anything the POR stuff is. Due to band witch constraints and Steve wanting to keep this site pop up free we can't post pictures. Maybe that will change with the new server and a few more people joining to help out with the expence.
    While Steve lets people use the forums for free CK5 does take money to run. So does POR and that's why you get blasted with POP up's because they produce more advertising dollars. You can help here by clicking on the banners here. That helps bring in extra cash.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

6. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Unimogs are great. With 32 forward gears you can put that baby in low and diagnose a problem while the vehicle is moving and you climb underneath. 5 mph top speed in low gear. Used to love working on those in Germany. That Maximog looks like soomething they would use in a James Bond movie or a Juraisic Park movie.

David

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.extremeblazer.com>ExtremeBlazer</a>

7. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

i know all about the attitude,,i saw it as soon as i joined up over there,,you think some people get grouchy on here ? i invite everyone to go spend a few days over there ( like i just did cause CK5 was down) and really read the posts. don't get me wrong,,they have a lot of useful post's and forum's,,but they also have a lot of , ummm " stubborn " people there to.course some could say the same about here,,but i think it's a lot less.
    i just liked the smileys is all.and yeah,,if you look,,i have 533 posts now on here,,,i have 17 on there,,and i think i joined both site's about the same time.
    you know which one i think is better [​IMG]

if only i would have done it before i ordered $3000 in parts,lift, and accessories[​IMG]