Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rock crawling of a different kind...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jekbrown, Mar 3, 2002.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

after some serious pain in my right kidney, I went into the hospital on saturday morning. I have had kidney stones before, but a cat scan revealed a freaking bolder. Doctor discribed it as "ping-pong ball sized" and it was completely blocking the tube that leads down to the bladder. NOT GOOD! /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Anyway, they performed surgery to put a stint in so the kidney can drain, but I will have to have at least one more surgery to get the stone removed (we arent even sure what method we are going to go with this time). I find out whats going on for sure tomorow morning.

At any rate, I'll prolly be out of it for a while... may not even visit CK5 for the next week or so. Just thought I'd let my fellow CK5ers know what was up.

happy wheelin everyone,

J

2. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

Wow pingpong ball is pretty big. I had two a few months ago but they were passable. You might ask about getting it "crushed" with sonic waves. I read about it somewhere, if I find the link I'll post it. They use sound waves to break up the stones but I'm not sure if there are specific stone sizes it works better for.
    Good luck guy,
    -Aaron

3. jekbrown

yeah, i did the sound crush thingy last april... that got rid of half the stone (which has since grown to its current size). I talked to a urologist guy (not my normal one) that said that they can also break it up that way, but suck the chunks out via a tube so you dont have to pass all the pieces. When I had the surgery before, I had to pass all the chunks...boy did that suck! Anyway, this sucker is so big they dont know if that would even work, might have to slice open my back and pluck it out as one big lump. Thats good in the sense that it would all be taken care of... and bad in the sense that its a MUCH more major/invasive procedure. I'd prolly be out of commision for 2-3 weeks if I had that done. Anyway, I'll know on monday morning. Thanks for the support!

J

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

damn that sucks keep us posted hope to see you back soon /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Boy that is some rough stuff you've had happening to you! When they do get rid of this one, will you keep getting them? You said you've had them before, can they stop it from happening again? I hope it not too long of a recovery. Hang in there.

6. jekbrown

if there is a cure for kidney stones, I have never heard of it. Dietary changes and regular check ups are about it. I drink LOTS of water already...and it doesnt stop them from forming. I have a long family history with these things. My dad has passed prolly 20-30 in his life, and his dad had one (it *was* the size of an egg tho!). At any rate, my body builds them up surprisingly fast... so fast that even my urology clinic is like "holy s**t!!" Apparently there are some kinds of medications that can be taken, depending on what types of stones you have etc. I'll worry about all that stuff more after the surgery, for the moment, thats all Im worried about,

thanks again guys,

J

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Oh man Jason, that sucks hang in there Bro...

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Hey good luck... I feel for ya. At least (hopefully) it's a fairly routine surgury?

9. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Holy smokes!
    Don't worry about missing anything on here, nothing gets passed me,LOL. take care and I hope it is a simple surgery, and you have a speedy recovery.

10. blublaz57

blublaz57 1/2 ton status

Lay off the beer man!!!

11. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

It was supposed to be a golf ball thru the garden hose, NOT, a ping pong ball thru your urinary track!!! j/k

Hope you have a speedy recovery man, sorry to hear your pain

12. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

And women say us guys don't know the pain of child birth!LOL." Ping pong size" I do belive that is a technical Dr. term. If you can laugh about it you will be fine, laughter is the best medicene. Your surgery will be a success and we will talk with you soon.

13. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

Jason, you get healed up. You need to be ready when the tRusty Rene Express heads south to Moab. You got to be a part of this memory maker./forums/images/icons/smile.gif Wouldn't be the same without you. Hope all goes well for you and your hospital stay is minimal. Good luck.

14. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

hey dude, can ya whip me up a golf-ball sized one? i promise i'll only use it for putting.

15. jekbrown

just an update for the concerned... surgery is scheduled for the 19th at the latest, sooner if the doc can squeeze me in sooner. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif sucks that I have to put up with this poop for 2 more weeks, but at least the doc gave me the happy-happy drugs to tide me over. I have a collection of pills that would make any hippy jealous. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

at any rate, on the bright side, at least if I get this $hit taken care of now I should be 100% healthy when blazer bash comes around. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

J

16. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

Good luck with it all. I hope you get better soon.

17. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear about the kidney stone. I hope all goes well with the surgery. Good luck!!!

18. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Ahh-man.

Had a roommate at onetime with a iddneystone, I wouldn't wish the junk on anyone- ANYONE. It sounds like it's very-very ruff. It took this guy down to his knees, amd he was a fairly ruff dude.

Quick recovery, ya 'Jerk. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

19. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

Good luck with it, and we'll see you back here soon enough... just demand the hospital run a laptop linked to this site into your room, and we'll be able to keep in touch...

-Rich

20. jekbrown

ok gang.... its 3.19.02... time for some surgery. See you guys, hopefully, in 4-5 days... maybe a week.

man... this is gonna suck! /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

J