Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rock in brake

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chevy17, May 27, 2004.

1. chevy17

chevy17 Registered Member

hey i went four wheeling last night in some pretty heavy stuff, i had gotten stuck their the night before and decided to tackle it again. All it was was big pits full of water and mud and then a 20 foot stretch of just pure 3 feet 2 feet deep mud. well i got through it but then i came out and...EEEERRRR...EEEEERRR... i think there is a rock stuck somewhere in my brake system(front right i think) there disc brakes but i dont know what i should do. My dad owns an auto body shop and i haven't really consulted with him but i think i'm gonna take the wheel off and give it a real good cleaning but is that all i should do? What could this rock problem lead to? How do i avoid this problem in the future? thanks

2. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

well if it is a rock it could gouge your roters. Just take the caliper off and check it out.

nick

3. big jimmy 91

big jimmy 91 1/2 ton status

Put a little info. in your profile so we know what you have /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I had a similar problem , but it was not the brakes , it was my elect. fuel pump. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif
    it sounded just like what you are describing /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. chevy17

chevy17 Registered Member

its a 1990 chevy 1500