Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

"ROCK" lights, how are yours mounted?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ntaj*ep, Nov 11, 2002.

1. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

\"ROCK\" lights, how are yours mounted?

I think I'll mount mine on the rock sliders at each end.
    How are yours mounted? Lets see some pictures! /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Re: \"ROCK\" lights, how are yours mounted?

on a truck i had i mounted my lights on the frame under the doors and one over the rear axle sorry no pics /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. Flexy K20

Flexy K20 1/2 ton status

My fronts are mounted right by the frame where the front bumper brace connects, and the light is angled forward. and my rears are mounted on the frame angled to point in front of the rear tire. Sorry I dont have any pics, Later

4. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

5. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

WOW! Great pictures! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Great ideas also everyone else! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I see you have Boggers on your truck Bowtie, did the grooving help with traction? I've been thinking of doing similar grooving if I do indeed get a set of boggers. Everyone I've talked to about the tires says they're great as long as you don't want to turn!? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif So did it help with that?
    Keep the ideas coming guys.

6. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

to tell you the truth, it's helped out. on wet rock is where i noticed the difference.

also it all depends on what type of wheeling you prefer. if your main terrain will be rock, then i hear that the TSL or the SX will be the better tire. if it's mud, then you can't beat the bogger. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

now the turning issue, for me, out on the trail i get a workout everytime. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif these tires or any tire this size will be a PITA to turn. i just need to spend some cash and buy the redneck ram set up from www.westtexasoffroad.com and be done with it.

ric

7. FWP

FWP CRS

Hey Aaron, how's it goin.... Too bad you didn't look at mine or Rob's in Moab. Anyway, rear framerail near bumpstops, front section of the tub where I cut out the the wheelwells, and the front bumper supports. You may be able to see them on some of my readers rides pics or Rob's pics.

Wherever you put em, keep em tucked in tight and hidden, unless you like to replace em all the time....

8. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I did check 'em out, but I was in stealth mode! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    I've been thinking about it this whole time. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Where and, how, I keep coming back to your desgin on alot of things........... for that matter.

9. FWP

FWP CRS

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    stealth mode! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Thanks for the compliment dude! Anything I do is pure bootie fab /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

You need to look close at Baddog's stuff to see quality /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif