Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rock Lights

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 84k5, Jun 22, 2001.

1. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Just wondering what you guys were using for these and where you mounted them? Thanks.

Brian
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://84k5.coloradok5.com>http://84k5.coloradok5.com</A>

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Are you talking about lights under the truck to show spotters what you are on top of? If that is what you are talking about make sure you get some tough ones with a stone gard. They would need to be water proof too if you ever see river crossings or mud.
    I would not use them. I don't do rock crawling at night.
    What I would use is a set of flood lights (front and rear) for the tight turns on trails that pencil beam lights don't shine around. I think KC makes some but nobody stocks them.

'71 Blazer CST with alot of rust

3. Ryeguy

Ryeguy 1/2 ton status

2 on the front bumper, 2 after the front axle, 2 in front of the rear axle, 2 on the rear bumper.

--Rob

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I'm using some Cheap "Blazer" Driving lights (for real that's the brand) I got from Walmart for $17. My 75 has double cross members. The rear one is bolted to the second cross member under the tails shaft of the case and shines right down to rear axle. It's out of the direct line of fire from tires there.
    The front one is in the back side of my winch bumper and shines down on the axle. Both are proteced well from getting smashed on rocks on the trails and so far neither has taken a hit off flying stuff.. They are sealed fairly well but as of yet I haven't took the truck swimming to see if they survive. a Dunk.

It's not my damn planet monkey boy!
    Grim-Reaper