Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rock ram install?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by carolina custom, Jul 16, 2002.

1. carolina custom

carolina custom 1/2 ton status

I have a used arg rock ram on the way and am looking for ideas and pics for install on a d60 with ORD x-over and stock tie rod. Any one got god links?

Marc

2. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Take a look at my web page I have a hand full of pics. of the ram install on it. If you need more let me know I will snap some and send them to ya. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. carolina custom

Thanks Billy, where did you mount the ram to axle and tie rod? Can you use any of the mounts from the steering stabliser? I am thinking of using the tie rod stabliser mount and welding brackets on the dif tube near the cover?

4. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

I used the brackets that Matt sent me. One side was welded to the axle tube the other welded to the rock-stomper rock rod. If you are using the stock rod. then you can use the hole where the stab. bolts up, you may need to make the hole a little larger. If you have any more ? just let me know.

5. carolina custom

I think I will have to use the stock rod for now. I dont think I will get any brackets, but was planing on fabing my own.

Thanks, marc

6. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

If you are getting the set up from AGR they will send brackets with the kit. If you are getting a used set up I will snap some pics. of mine they are real easy to make. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif