Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rock ring + trac bar?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jekbrown, Mar 28, 2002.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

With revolvers and stuff in my rear suspension, I'm gonna need something to help prevent axle wrap/hop etc. I was looking at the Rock Ring review on this site and noticed that the RR comes (as an option) with a deal at the top that you could mount a truss to or whatever. Could this be used as a mount for some kinda traction bar? I want the rear end to be way flexy, but need to fend off AR/H too. Any ideas?

J

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Re: rock rig + trac bar?

come on now... anyone? /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

J

3. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Good luck trying to get both. Your best bet to try is build a set of bars with end links so that way they will twist. They will still limit a little. Kind of like a 4 link set-up.

4. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I know someone who built what your talking about and it works great. He's got 4" springs and 4" blocks with 44" boggers so he got really bad axle wrap. He trussed his 14bolt and mounted a Y link to the top right over the diff to stop the axle wrap but it still flexes great.

5. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Hey J that is an option on the Rockrings.....an attachment point for the top two links in a 4 link setup. That should prevent your axle wrap and not adversely effect your flex.