Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rock Rod People

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Hossbaby50, Apr 18, 2003.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I am getting a rock rod made, and I was wondering how I can put a steering stabilizer back on my tie rod? I am retaining stock style steering for now, and would like to get the stabilizer back behind the rod like on the factory setup. Anyone done this or have any ideas on how to do this?

The ends that are coming with the rod aren't going to be drilled like the factory end to take the stabilzer bolt. My rock rod is going to be set up with righthand righthand on the tie rod ends if this makes a difference. Thanks

Harley

2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Scott (RockStomper) and Steve (MOO) both make bolt on mounts for the rock rods. Since you gotta take it loose to adjust the ends anyway, why not just weld on a tab?

3. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Russ has got a point Harley...just have Timmy boy weld on a tab in the stock location...you you and I could fab something with some little u-bolts and some 3/16" plate /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Chris

4. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

Make your own tabs that way you'd be good to go. BUt make sure it is aligned before you do any welding that would stink if you needed to make a 1/4 turn on it at the last minute. just my .02c

KEN

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I was hoping to stay away from the ubolt setup if possible. I think it is kinda cheesy, and was hoping for something more clean, and more HD. I guess it really wouldn't matter that much as the steering stabilizer isn't putting a huge stress on the rod or anything else. Any ideas that are more clean and professional looking I would appreciate hearing them. Thanks

Harley

6. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

It doesn't get any cleaner or stout than the MOO clamp. If you need adjustment, you just unscrew the four bolts and the rod turns inside the clamp.

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Only problem with the MOO clamp is that it's frickin expensive for a block of metal with four bolts. Mad4wd over on PBB sells a similar clamp for about $20, but he doesn't have the 1.5" ID ones in stock yet. If you can wait a little while then that would be the way to go. </font>

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

buy and then weld on a couple of tabs... mount the stab to the tabs and go. of just go WTO hydro assist, matt throws in the tabs so u dont have to buy em. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j