Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rock Rods

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Muddytazz, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Whos got pics of their steering stabilizer mounted to welded on tabs? I'm debating on whether I should go weld on tabs or just one of those clamp on mounts.

2. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

I just used the clamp supplied with the kit, comprised of 3 u-bolts and a plate. I haven't had any problems with it, but it does look kind of tacky, and I'd rather have a tab welded on.

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

You talking about mounting TO the rock rod? If you are, and you weld a tab to it..........you won't be able to adjust the toe in/out. I use the clamp type on the 'Shane74-built' /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif unit and am very happy with it. Did the same with the Rockstomper Rock Rod on my K5.

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Gotcha, never thought about that /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Good thing I asked first /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dood... I know you checked out my hollister pics 'cause you just replied to my post...
    If you look close i have a rockstomper rockrod and for my hydro i mounted one of those 1.5" clamps from mcmastercarr and welded the tabs onto the clamp..
    That way when you need to adjust your toe in you can loosen up the clamp and rotate the rockrod then tighten back down the clamp... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif
    If you welded the tabs directly to your rockrod you would only be able to adjust the toe by 1 whole turn of the tie rod. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

i have the mount from rockstomper that i'm not using anymore if you're interested. send me a PM.. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

7. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

pm'ed ya /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif