Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

"Rock & Roll Hall of Fame" WTF!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rcpilot, Dec 14, 2004.

1. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

How is it that U-2 makes the Hall over Lynyrd Skynyrd???? :mad:

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Because Bono is a pole smoking devotee of left wing crap...................

3. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

yah. u2 sucks.

who sucks more? its a toss up between them and def leppard.

4. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

wait what happened!!!! yea **** bono, thats one pansy ass fag

5. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

As a right wing Republican fanatic, it pains me to say this, but U2 are 10X the artists Skynard ever thought of being.

John

6. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i would have to agree, they have been around forever, (not really Skynard's fault they wernt around for to long) and they keep selling everything they put out, so they cant be to bad, i dnot really like most of their new stuff, but the stuff they did back in the day, like joshua tree, and War, that was pretty good stuff.

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

You're not a true Okie
    :xmas:

:p:

8. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I beg to differ here . They are two different types of "music" . I don't listen to U2 , but have heard some of there songs , for their niche of the world they are really good , although I don't really fit with the beatnik coffe drinking never really worked hard with their hands crowd . However I listen to Southern rock , Metal and Country more often than anything else . I get goosebumps when I listen to "Simple Man" the guitar work is beautiful , "Sweet Home Alabama" makes me feel real good inside , like a sunny day .

Its like comparing a Bronco to a Blazer , simmilar but so different :k5: :k5:

9. semper-k-five

semper-k-five 1/2 ton status

Tuesday's Gone is my fav...as far as how U2 found a way to overshadow Skynyrd (as far as the commie hall of fame folks saw it), i have no idea...Skynyrd set the standard for all the other bands that never had the juevos to release a song w/ a long instrumental...Free Bird was the first "long instrumental" song ever released...the music industry was changed ever since...how can that not be Hall of Fame material??? i guess a little AIDS work and peter puffin' gets ya in

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

U2 used to rock 20 years ago, but their new stuff is flamboyantly homo......

11. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

so its ssuper(with the gay lisp on the s's)

or is it Faaaabulouuus ( in the super duper gay voice)?

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Something like that. I like the older stuff, seems like it has conviction, but this new stuff, like that one that has been playing lately. Everytime I hear it on the radio, I get this overdriving urge to pull my sidearm and declare the radio a free fire zone..............................

13. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Bonor is a fag

U2 is genera rock( no thats not a miss spelling!) U2 could very well be the devil in disguise, example; "eveyone" likes U2, what a better way to spread the word through gaining acceptance everywhere, with catchy little lyrics and a few cruddy geetar cords.

I like music that will make you think, not lull you off to sleep(to be easily swayed)
    Bonor should move to hollywood commiefornia, where he and his kind can live in everlasting harmony

14. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

As someone who partied at Skynyrd concerts back in the 70's, all I can say is "maybe U2, but not me too".

15. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

everyone doesn't "like" U2. I don't for damn sure. Hey Bono, there is no sun indoors, take the damn glasses off!

16. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I think U2 is one of the only hand-full of decent rock bands left in the world, but I agree that too much of their music is totally gay, and not enough of it rocks like their new song (Vertigo). Even though Lynyrd Skynyrd's original line up only lasted a few years before their plane crash, I consider Lynyrd Skynyrd to be a major player in the history of Rock & Roll; just the same as (say) Jimi Hendrix; although he only lasted a few years as well.

I saw Lynyrd Skynyrd in concert (1977 Monroe Louisiana) only a short time before their plane crash, and I can tell you that Lynyrd Skynyrd is one of the best live bands ever. The Guitar work of Steve Gains, Allen Collins, and Gary Rossington had to be seen in person to be believed. I thought they where better than Led Zeppelin, whom I saw in (1976 New Orleans Louisiana).

17. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

I saw Skynard in '91 in Hawaii :D

18. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I can say there's only one song by U2 that I slightly enjoy... well enjoyed in high school at least.... Yeah, they sucked, currently suck, and always will suck...

19. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Very true.:p: Just a transplant.
    As for the Skynard/U2 thing. Skynard made some good, genre specific music, but nothing groundbreaking. Pretty much they played the type of music they grew up with, and added some more rock to it. As for U2, especially their earlier material, there was NO ONE making music like that. Yes, U2's new stuff is definately commercial trash, but they have made their mark.

John