Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rock Slider review is finished

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CK5, Oct 21, 2000.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

The 4x4 Armor (S.E.C.) Rock Slider review is finished.

[​IMG]
    5,000 Pounds of American Rolling Steel

2. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

Where do we check it out?

SEC?

3. CK5

There is a button on the main page of coloradok5.com or you can click on "Product Reviews" at the top of this or any other page. These are SEC - 4x4 Armor

[​IMG]

4. stephan van leir

stephan van leir 1/2 ton status

Steve, Nice work. I just finished a pair of sliders on my `75. I did them cut out style like Depdog`s. Now I just need to protect the tail lights!
    Lefthand? We don`t have many sh!+ holes like that in Colorado. At least you don`t have to worry about trashing the area. Every time I go there we haul out more trash than our rigs can carry! Plus you have to watch you don`t get shot in the ass while wheelin` around.

5. CK5

Tell me about it, that was the first time I was there, I couldn't believe all the shotgun shells and busted up TV's that people brought to shoot up and just left there.

[​IMG]

6. stephan van leir

stephan van leir 1/2 ton status

Hear is a little Lefthand story. About eight years ago the area was closed by the NFS because of all of the trash (locals used the area as a dump for close to a hundred years) and abandoned vehicals. In the course of two years the area was cleaned, and slightly rebuilt. Most all of the work was done by the wheeling community. On one saturday 33 people showed to help. There vehicals totaled 17 with 15 of them being pickups. On that day we hauled six wrecks out to the highway. One was a 77 k5 that was in great shape except that it was shot with housands of rounds! We loaded ALL of the pickups with trash, TVs, couches, auto stuff, and all of the raked up shells. All of this was paid for out of the people`s pockets who did the clean up! That`s 15 dump trips, some thing like $15 a piece back then.
    To make a long story short it didn`t do a damn bit of good. As soon as it was opened again people just crapped it up. I take pride in doing clean up, and trail maintainance. I don`t mind doing the dirty work for our community. Usually you`r work makes a magor differance that can be seen for many years.
    Lefthand, well I quess some things you can`t change.

P.S. Lefthand is currently red listed for closeure hearings in the next few years. That will go for shooting back in there too.