Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rock Sliders question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MaxCrack, May 22, 2002.

1. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

OK. I just found a 10 foot piece of 3" square tubing 1/4" wall. Where do you guys mount your rock sliders?

2. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

Where my rocker panels used to be! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

this should help
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/secrockslidersreview.shtml>coloradok5.com/secrockslidersreview.shtml</a>

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

My home made sliders bolt in the same way as the SEC sliders.It works great they are very sturdy.
    Click on the link below there are some Pics of them on page 2

5. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Cut what's left of your rockers out- all the way from the front wheel well to the rear wheel well and weld in your 3 x 3. This is the perfect size material to use...

6. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

That is how I have mine now.

7. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I used some 3x2 square tubing and cut out the rockers and welded them up there. Mine are about 6' long. They go from the front hacked fender to the back hacked fender. I cut them off at an angle and welded some caps on them so it'll help it slide some if it hits head on. The sliders are welded to the sheet metal, and then I have some braces welded to it that go to the body mounts. I've got some more bracing under the floors for when I chop the top. The body doesn't squeak anymore! lol! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

8. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

9. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

Thunder, nice sliders, looks like they would double as steps to get in, thats what I want. Also, that was one nice buck you shot, mule deer right? Man hunting down there sure looks a lot different than what we're used to out here in MN. You called that buck a 5 point? wouldn't that be a 10 pointer. With white tails up here we count the total points, not just one side. maybe people around the country do it different, or is it just like that for elk and muleys? Seeing that buck reminds me how pissed I still am at not getting the 10 pointer I had a chance at this winter, clicking the safety off is louder than you think, doh!

10. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Thanks. i made the sliders out of a piece of 10 " wide structural steel i beam that was laying around work. Cut it lengthwise down the middle welded on the mounts did a bit of grinding and they were done. They do work good as steps. The wife and kids like them for getting in and out.

Out here in the west we only count one side of antlers. Dont know why. I guess its just the Way of the West. Either that or people just loose count after 5 fingers /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    Good luck on next years hunt that whitetail will be evrn bigger then.