Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rock sliders

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by muddysub, Dec 31, 2001.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

does any one make em for my suburban? just because my truck was born with 4 doors doesn't mean i can't have a pair of my own, does it?[​IMG]

LOOK OUT MOAB, HERE COMES THE SUB!!!!!
    scott,
    1989 GMC suburban 3/4t 4" lift rollin on 36" swampers, tbi350, th350, np241

2. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Make your own.

<font color=green>[​IMG]1977 K5 GETTIN IT AWN[​IMG]</font color=green>
    BUILT NOT BOUGHT
    <font color=red>MERRY CHRISTMAS</font color=red>

3. muddysub

i don't know how, and i don't have a welder.

scott,

4. COYOTE35

COYOTE35 1/2 ton status

contact mike at growlbr@yahoo.com, he does custom fabrication work that is top notch and his prices are very reasonable. Tell him Todd sent you. He's in Burbank, Ca. but he will ship. He is making my sliders and he made my bumper/carrier.

Whats wrong with big and wide?

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

How soon you wanting them? I'm planning a set for the Burbs. I wish I could nail down a time frame but I don't know...by Moab for sure,LOL

<font color=red>Life is like a mud hole:</font color=red><font color=blue>
    When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's

6. Danswift79

Danswift79 Registered Member

What type of sliders did you hav in mind? Ones that cradle and protect the body or just something for the rockers? Did you want tube or boxed steel? How Much Ride height are you willing to compromise? Fill us in on the type of sliders and we can tell you where to get them. Most places that make them will do custom lengths, but depending on the style and finish you want, just about anyone who can get good penetration with a welder and run a decent bead can make a set. You have to be more capable with a cage, but sliders are fairly rudimentary. One thing that will severly limit your selection is if you want the design to be like sullibuilt's and have bends. Lots of people have access to welders, but tube benders are a little less common. If you want some ones like S. E. C. then just find someone on the board who can weld who is close, buy the materials and some beer or sodas and pay them a visit when they have the time. Won't take to long if you know what you want!

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/79_Blazer_(Danswift79)>CK5 Gallery </a>
    God Blessed Us With General Motors and cursed us with <font color=orange>rust</font color=orange>

7. muddysub

what kind are on the ORD jimmy? those are cool. i don't need anything fancy like bent tubes and stuff. and i don't need them anytime soon either, before moab is all that matters.

scott,

8. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

The ORD Jimmy as far as I know is running a one off set that Stephen made himself.
    Just checked your profile out...you were your troops first Eagle Scout????? Congrats. I too am an Eagle Scout(Jan 1997) If you want something simple I could make you something...My dad has a 90 Burb so I have a drawing board,LOL

When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by 55Willy on 01/03/02 08:11 PM.</FONT></P>

9. muddysub

that'd be cool but it would have to wait a while cuz i'm broke right now.

yeah i'm the first eagle in my troop and family, it's pretty cool working for something for almost your whole life and finally getting it.

scott,

10. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

How long has your troop been around? the one I belonged to just had thier 50th( probably 52 by now, time flys) My twin and I got ours at the same time, we had 10 Eagles that year. Just think...only 2% of ALL scouts become Eagles.

55 Willy's