Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rock Sliders

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 87BrnRsd, Nov 23, 2003.

1. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I have been wanting some rock sliders for a while now. Since x-mas is comming soon, maybe I will put some on my list. I really liked the echobit ones, but mike doesnt make them anymore. My question is, does anyone know where I can get some rock sliders? I dont want 4x4 iron's or a similar design where I have to cut the rocker panels off. I just want some that weld or bolt on, and are strong enough to hold an impact. I like the ones that you can step on, but the step is just the outer tube on the sliders. I dont really care for ones that look like they have a huge step/step platform on them. If anyone knows where I can find some, or a member that makes them, please let me know. I cant afford anything really expensive, but can afford something moderately priced. Let me know. Thanks.
    -Harrison

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

You looking for the ones that basically bolt on? Click the sub culture link in my sig and look in the modification folder /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

Talk to MuddyTazz, his are way cool. I've seen them. If I wasn't a hack fabricator myself, I'd have him build a set for my new Burb'. I am working on the design for an air powered drop step for my Burb'. My wife is 4'11" and I just got the go ahead to trade out the lift, 3/4 ton axles, and the 35" tires from my pick up to the Burb'. I'll probably be doing that in a couple of weeks, before she changes her mind...
    T-roy
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Sent you a PM. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

5. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Here's a couple shots of the sliders I made. The first one is the step for my wife who "claims" to be 5'0" tall. The second is a shot from below. I made the main slider from 2" schedule 40 ERW - the side wall was .185".
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Man those are some tuff looking sliders tazz!

How long does it usually take to whip a set of those up? I think I know what I want to get after I take back all the Christmas gifts I don't like/need. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. 88jimmy4x4

88jimmy4x4 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have been wanting some rock sliders for a while now. Since x-mas is comming soon, maybe I will put some on my list. I really liked the echobit ones, but mike doesnt make them anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ordered the very last set of stepped sliders from Mike. He took them off the product list after I ordered them. He made them last weekend so hopefully I will get them soon so I can post some pics. My wife cant hardly get in my GMC so I need these badly.

8. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

usually takes 2 weekends (mostly cause i spend time with the family weekdays) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Cool, I'll measure up where I plan on cutting out my fenders and get the numbers to you as soon as I have the cash in hand! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Has anyone ever made sliders for a pickup?

11. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Yes.

The orange truck on here has them.

[​IMG]

12. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

no different than making them for a blazer or burb. the sliders can either be on solid length, gapped like the cab and bed or just have cab only /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Wow, that's pretty cool. I'm going to have to study Dan's and some pics and try to make a set. I think this is the kinda project I can attempt....if it breaks nobody will get hurt, so it's the perfect project for me. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I have one of the last sets of the sliders from Toy Box off road and they are decent up to a point. They bolt onto the body mounts with some bars that go to the frame. On hard impacts they crush up the body and pop the rear quarters off of the welds. I'm going to have to either weld them on or figure out something else.

15. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

surprised you havent just boatsided ur rig and reinforced the new parts to be rock proof Sandman. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif dont need no stinkin sliderz!

j

16. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I sent yall PM's. I really like your sliders guys!
    -Harrison

17. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Thought about the boatsiding. I'm not sure yet. I still need a door that seals up as the weather here can really suck at times.