Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rock stomper 36-bolt beadlocks

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by muddysub, Feb 3, 2004.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

does anyone on here have these things on their truck? one of the magazines just put them on their toyota and they love them. they just centered them by feel, im gonna be a lot more exact than that. im talkin dial indicators and stuff, im gonna be accurate about it. but they say that they'll make your wheels 1.5-2" wider wich is exactly what i want, i bead lock thats about 2" wider than what i have now. and i have access to a very good professioonal welder. (my cousin) so does anyone have any experience with them? good bad, parts quality, shipping problems, let me know.

thanks in advance

2. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Here is a post from a local board.

3. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

They raised a good point on there but noone answered it, the DIY locks what clamps the inner bead, from what I can tell nothing it is just a large outside ring would this not rub the tire when it bulges from airing down. It would keep the tire from popping off the bead but would it eventually rub a hole in the tire.

4. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

Absolutly love mine. Easy to mount the tire (just felt center), pain in the arse to tighten the bolts.

42's unbalanced good to about 65 (about as fast as i want to go anyway.) had them aired down to about 3PSI and had no problem what so ever. had mine TIG welded as well.

my verdict-- /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I have added a chamferred corner to the beadlocks that I make to increase the surface area that would contact the tire in an aired down situation. Before I did that I increased the outside diameter of the outer ring by a quarter inch. Then went back and radiused that off again to make a nice rounded surface to sit against the tire. I would say that running the tire totally flat could still damage the tire but I don't think that is avoidable with any rim.

If you would like to see some pics I'll try to post some up of the radiused portion.

6. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

Thats what I wanted to here, still trying to get money to buy some from ya. If you could pics would be great.

7. cybrfire

I'll try to get some pics up tonight. Got to borrow a digicam. I think I'm just gona brake down and buy one of them things!!!

8. muddysub

cybrfire, i sent u a PM /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. cybrfire

Did you get the designs?

10. muddysub

yea i saw them i love the "bigandsmallholes" and the "turbine" ones. im not sure wich i like more. i dont think ill be able to buy them really soon i have to do some begging and convincing first... ill definetly keep in touch about them though.