Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rock Stomper

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 84k5, Nov 12, 2000.

1. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I need a new tierod, mine is bent back so far that it is rubbing against the pumpkin and has bent the steering stablizer. I want to get the one like Shawn has. Will it work with a 10 bolt front? If I am reading the site correctly it is only $75 right? How much are the ends (these may actually be in worse condition than the rod itself), and where should I get them from?

Brian
    84k5, 4"Skyjacker lift,33x12.5 Goodyear MT/R, 15x10 Bajas

2. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

got one on my truck w/no problems. the ends were about $25 a piece. Give Scott a call I believe it is a in stock item that could be shipped ASAP. This will be the last one you buy!! Good Luck!

3. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

Yes it is $75 for the tie rod tube only. You still have to buy the ends. The ends should be the same as the ones your using now. Here's the #'s:

ES2233L (left side)
    ES2234R (right side)

The 2233L end is longer with the stabalizer hole drilled in it. I made my own stabalizer(ram) mount and welded it to the rockrod and used a shorter tie rod end which should be stronger. The left shorter end I used is a ES2010L. My right end is the same which is ES2234R.
    http://www.off-road.com/chevy/reviews/agr/draglink.jpg

If you go to www.rockstomper.com, you should see a picture of this rod on a 10 bolt which I believe is moneypits.

Shawn
    87 K5
    few mods[​IMG]

4. wstolar

wstolar Registered Member

Shawn,
    Have you had a chance to road test your new setup? I was just curious if there is any bumpsteer with the draglink rod being bent like that? I'd like to hear your results since I am contemplating doing a crossover soon also. It would be great not to have to modify that engine cross-member.

Thanks-Walter

5. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

Not yet, but I don't see how a dropped drag link would produce any more bump steer on a crossover setup. Think about the geometry when the passenger side tire hits a huge bump. Yes the steering arm will travel upwards but it won't affect the pitman arm (dropped drag link or not). On a stock GM setup, some people run a dropped drag link to improve turning radius and reduce bump steer. Look at the newer Dodges and Fords and you will see their drag link is bent and thats coming from the factory. The big reason to run a dropped drag link is to improve angles on the tie rod ends and to avoid any crossmember mods.

Shawn
    87 K5
    few mods[​IMG]