Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rocker Arms

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 77JimmyMan, May 11, 2002.

1. 77JimmyMan

77JimmyMan Registered Member

Im looking to put a set of 1.6:1 ratio arms on my truck. I have newer heads with the self align rocker arms. Does anyone know if anyone makes a set of stamped steel (meaning cheap) self aligning arms? I tried the usual places (Jegs, Summit) bu they only have roller ones for around $180. I saw a set on ebay that were stamped steel self align, the guy said they were made by Elgin Automtive and distributid by Federal Mogul. Id buy them but I cant find anything to prove it. Any input would be great. ~Mark~

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Go to: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.lunaticams.com/>Lunaticams.com</a> Do a search to find them
    They make stamped rockers up to 1.7 to 1 for SBC motors.
    In my opinion you should at least get a roler tip rocker they are not much more than stamped. They really help stop valve and valve guide wear in that can happen when using higher ratio rockers.

Both Summit and Crane cams have stamped rockers in 1.6:1
    Summit Pn SUM-G6801 $ 66.oo

3. sosamantx

sosamantx 1/2 ton status

*has puzzled look on face*, i'd try and check with scoggin dickey??, and also, i've got this link (which i'll post) that is a chevy dealership that has a kickass message board (kinda like here)!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

http://www.sallee-chevrolet.com/Discus/board.html