Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ROCKER BOXES.....coming soon!

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Greg72, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I'n not sure how many of you know this, but GMC Pauls has been slowly but surely working to get a lot of the coveted 1st Gen parts duplicated through his suppliers for us.

I spoke with him a few days ago and he informed me that the rocker boxes (that have NEVER been available) are going into production soon. The first prototypes he received looked really good and look exactly like the originals. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

He has also recently announced the availability of REAL Blazer doors (not cutdown truck doors)...with the correct metal thickness and dimensions. Supposedly another "perfect fit" compared to OEM.

Front fenders are available in the heavy gauge steel too.

It's a great time to be a 1st Gen owner! The parts we've been waiting for are finally starting to appear.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

Awesome news ... I cringe everytime I set my Blazer down on a rock because my perfect boxes are like gold to me.

Do I even want to know pricing? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

4. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

keep on him...see if he can get any parts for the 205...like a set of 4:1 gears.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Greg72

[ QUOTE ]
    Awesome news ... I cringe everytime I set my Blazer down on a rock because my perfect boxes are like gold to me.

Do I even want to know pricing? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was like $150 ea (maybe less....I forget) The point is that they're AVAILABLE!!!

I can't imagine the cost of having some metalworker create a correct-looking rocker box for me..... of course, having said all this, I'm actually cutting out my rocker boxes and building a complete sub-frame in that area anyway.... so this rocker box news is a little late in my '72s evolution to be helpful.... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

6. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

Will these be complete doors or just the outer skins. And how do we order these things?

7. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

GMCPaul is the man. He is also working on rear quaters for the 67-72 burbs as well. Just in case your pretty green '72 would ever need them. I know my '71 does. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Greg72

[ QUOTE ]
    Will these be complete doors or just the outer skins. And how do we order these things?

[/ QUOTE ]

COMPLETE!

Just add a regulator, glass, and the window trim....

9. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

Ive been watching Wes at Classic hart beat for a while the rocker boxes where origanaly supose to be out like 3 months ago but it didnt happen he has them listed for early October now on his web site.

10. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

GMC Paul is the MAN!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. JohnSPledg

JohnSPledg 1/2 ton status

I spoke to Wes a few months ago when I ordered the rest of my metal. He told me the hold up was due to the death of the person setting up the machinery for making the rocker boxes. He told me in June it would be a few more months because a new person was going to have to start over.