Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rocker boxes?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chaz88K5, Jul 30, 2001.

1. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

OK well i just went out and looked at my 72 because i couldent remember if the rocker boxes had any rust in it...well i get out there climb under an what to i see....nothin at all...no box it there...whats the deal....how are they held on there...it dosent look like anything was ever cut off or bolted on...so whats wrong here....do i really need them on there at all?

Donations accepted for the "Build Chaz's 1972 K5 fund"!!!

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

My boxes appear to be bolted onto the underside of the body.
    As far as I know ALL first gen K5s came with them. They are supose to add structual support for the body when the top is off. From what i've read anyway.....
    A full cage may do the same thing or you can come over to my place and make a set of your own using 1/4 steel plate and takeing hte specs off my rig???
    Just let me know when your ready!

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/baja/5099>www.geocities.com/baja/5099</a>

3. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

well i am plannin on a full 10pt cage so if that all it dose is add support then i think the cage will be fine. But i just might take ya up on that offer anyway...

Donations accepted for the "Build Chaz's 1972 K5 fund"!!!

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Sure no problem! Now that I am removing my rockers it would be easyier to get the specs off of them. But if your 10pt cage is well mounted then you should be fine with out them....I would think anyway...??

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/baja/5099>www.geocities.com/baja/5099</a>

5. highwaydevil

highwaydevil 1/2 ton status

I've heard of them being removed to install dealer installed saddle tanks.