Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rocker Boxes

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 75-K5, Jan 19, 2004.

1. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Well I see that the rocker boxes for the 69-72 Blazers are finally for sale. I emailed the guy who makes them and he didn't know whether they'd fit a '75. Anyone know where I could find rocker boxes for the 73-75 Blazers, or will the first-gen ones fit with a little modification?

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Just get some rock sliders. [ QUOTE ]
    (4X4 Iron)

Heavy duty protection. The 3”h x 3”w x 3/16” sliders with

1 ½” x .120 round tube nerf bars are not for the faint of heart. They require complete removal of existing rockers while also cutting the front fenders and a portion of the rear quarters.

They weld to the body and supports. They become part of the truck, not just a bolted on item. The nerf bars are replaceable where the sliders are not….this is why the sliders are 3/16” thick.. If your truck has rusted rockers and you’re looking to

upgrade your door and fender protection, these could be just what you’re looking for! They’re offered in varying lengths to accommodate your amount of fender trimming.

PRICE: $215.00

We now offer the sliders with 3x3x1/8” construction

for $200.00. The nerf bar thickness remains the same as the heavy duty sliders.

OPTIONAL: Detachable Slider Step

[/ QUOTE ] [​IMG] [ QUOTE ]

This removable step will assist you or your height challenged passenger in entering the vehicle! After climbing into the truck, just pull it up and set the step in between the roll cage and seat. It allows for ease of entering the

vehicle...especially if your in a rut and find one side of the vehicle stretched out and difficult to climb back into.

[/ QUOTE ] [​IMG]

3. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Those are rockers though, not rocker boxes...fully convertible K5's need rocker boxes in addition to the rockers to provide the support they don't get from the half-cab that later K5's do. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

I have a tub and frame of a 75 that has good rocker boxes. Wish you were closer. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'd sell you the whole tub for $50 if you'd come & get it. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Oh... and 1st gens are different...

Marv

5. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

You can get pretty much everything you need here LMC Trucks !
    Bill