Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rocker panel ideas/questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mud390, Dec 7, 2002.

1. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

My 77 K5 has some no passenger rocker panel at the moment. Guy I bought it from removed it to repair and never did. He did fix the driver side though. He also removed the passenger striker bolt panel. I plan on having that welded back in to hold the door closed instead of the bungies right now. What about the rockers? Local guy said he could weld up some rock sliders for about $225. I saw his work and it looks first rate so I don't question it at all. I just don't do much rock crawling, mostly trails and mud. Opinions would great. Thanks.

Kris

2. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

3. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

Get the rocksliders, It will pay for it's self in the long run, So you don't play in the rocks what about small cars, Kids, trees and such and when your at the mall they will stop those nasty door ding's.. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Eric

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

5. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

I think I'm gonna go with the sliders. I was leaning toward those, but I just wasn't too sure. Thanks for the opinions.

Kris