Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rocker Panel question 71k5... Is there a lip for...

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by slayer77, Dec 13, 2003.

1. slayer77

slayer77 Registered Member

the weather strip at the bottom of the door? I mean does the rocker panel sit up above the floor panel? I'm welding in my outer rockers today... If anyone has good pictures of this step it would be much appreciated... I looked through the cancer section and couldn't find a photo of this step. Thank you...

2. Robin

Robin 1/2 ton status

I'm not there yet myself, but you have the threshold piece that screws down over that lip. I think the important thing is to line up the outer rocker with the rest of the body. (we are talking about the rocker panel that fits the contour of the door and fenders, right?)

3. slayer77

slayer77 Registered Member

Yes.... your right... it is the outer rocker... Thanks for your help... Hope your well

4. mastercraftkpk

mastercraftkpk 1/2 ton status

If you base the location of the outer rocker panel on your floor, you may find that your doors do not close when you are done!!!!

Due to the fact that your front end has sagged due to the fact that your body is not being held together properly, you may need to make some "adjustments" to the location of your outer rocker panel. To really do it right, reposition the hight of the A pillar w/ a jack (on both sides) BEFORE you bolt everything together.

Hang your doors and base the location of the outer rockers on them.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif