Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rocker panel repair

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CV202, Jun 12, 2001.

1. CV202

CV202 1/2 ton status

Well, I think I'm gonna finally break down and do it. The rockers are about to fall off. How tough is it to replace these with those replacement panels you can get at the parts shops?

Why do people keep calling it a Bronco!!!!! [​IMG]

2. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

It's actually fairly easy if you have access to a welder and air compressor with tools. I did one about a year ago and the hardest thing about it for me was rebuilding the floor where it meets the new panel, as all this had rusted away too. I've just pulled off the other side and will be doing it this weekend. The panels I'm using are from JC Whitney and seem to do the job nicely.

3. grumpy

grumpy 1/2 ton status

Did you think about fabing a set of rocker panels like Depdogs? Way stronger and since you are building from scratch not too much more effort.

4. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

grim-reaper has them too, and i have seen his truck bottom out HARD on them and they hold up excellent. depdog did a write up over at orc......check this out---<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.off-road.com/chevy/projects/rockready/update3.html>http://www.off-road.com/chevy/projects/rockready/update3.html</A> this is page 2 of his whole build up, but it talks about the rockers.......later rob

AIRBORNE!!