Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rocker Panel Replacement?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 78Blazer, Nov 30, 2001.

1. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

Anyone know what the gm part number is for the rocker panels? I was trying to find it on gmpartsdirect.com but no luck.

Scott
    78blazer

2. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

I bought non gm at a local paint store for $11 each they fit perfect

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

if you use your k5 off-road, you might wanna try a steel rocker upgrade. Strong and you actually get a clearance GAIN as opposed to standard nerfs or whatever. The guy on www.off-road.com did them to his k5. Looks good, and if you could find a shop to plasma-cut your original rockers off, you could prolly get it done quick/cheap too.

J

See the on-going build up of my '85 Jimmy! http://community.webshots.com/user/jekbrown

4. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

GM dosen't sell just the rocker panels, they were never seperate from the factory so you can't buy them. The whole door jam is one piece. So it is only aftermarket for just the rockers.
    ben 87Jimmy

5. kim tate

kim tate 1/2 ton status

I'd be real interested in hearing more about the steel rocker panels and the added clearance. How do I learn more?

Note: I found pics posted by depdog. Considering getting a new blade for the sawzall!

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by kim tate on 12/01/01 04:12 PM.</FONT></P>