Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rocker Panels?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Quetzal_SJ, May 12, 2001.

1. Quetzal_SJ

Quetzal_SJ 1/2 ton status

Ok this month I will be droping my truck off to have the body work done. I noticed that there are so many choices in sheet metal and different prices. Whats the real diff. I want to make sure that they line up nice and smooth. Should I just spend the extra bucks and buy nos? Any info would be great. Also any tips. I will be at the shop most of the time since I work nights and I would like to know what to look for just to be sure he's doing it right.

Thanks

Lico

2. Roostr84

Roostr84 1/2 ton status

Well,
    GM is always going to be superior to aftermarket... but the Goodmark stuff is supposed to be real good. Don't waste your time on anything that says made in taiwan, they are usually junk. HTH's
    Chris

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I would have the guy doing the body work get whatever he wants... then you can be assured it is gonna be a quality job with no excuses. GM is usually the best.

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

4. SilverJim

SilverJim 1/2 ton status

i had new GM-made put on my truck when the body was being done; they fit perfectly. my body man was very pleased with the fit and quality.

1970 GMC Jimmy 502HO/SM465/NP205 doesn't run just yet!

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Some of the other "San Jose" guys on this list would like to know where you are bringing your truck for the bodywork and paint?

I have very similar concerns about my own K5, I want all the panels to be STRAIGHT, and I want all the gaps to be consistent and perfect. There is nothing worse than seeing a new paint job on a vehicle where all the panels weren't hung properly, or the body prep was rushed.......

C'mon, let us in on your secret! [​IMG]

-Greg72

6. Quetzal_SJ

Quetzal_SJ 1/2 ton status

In a few weeks when the work is done I will be happy to let everyone in on the info. Just wanna make sure the work is good before I refer anyone.

Thanks Folks