Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rocker panels

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by leduck5, Jun 15, 2002.

1. leduck5

leduck5 Registered Member

hi my brother has me lookin for rocker panels for his 68 1/2ton truck. i couldn't find anything under the links and was wondering if anyone knew of an online catalog i could browse through. thanx

2. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

They dont have a on-line catalog but you really need to request a catolge from www.lmc.com /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

go to 67-72chevytrucks.com and ask for gmcpaul wes hepp and mothertruckers, they all can hook you up for low price with good parts, they are the smaller guys who work hard and have the right stuff the first time around., Im fast68chevy over there, ive personally been to gmcpauls place over in Rockville IN, he is good people,

good luck

4. leduck5

leduck5 Registered Member

thanx guys ordered the catalog and looked at the online at mothers really helpful at least to pick out the parts he needs and at least get an idea of how much it would cost. Right on we can start working on his as soon as i'm done mine! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

yeah im next for rocker and cab corner skins for my 71, its TX cab i had brought up here from Seymour TX from ARon Laney Oil Co. there, 712 stepside longbed 2wd. needs outer rocker skin on pass side and outer cab corner skin and some of inside corner pass side, and has only a quarter size hole in driver outer cab corner skin and nothing really inside thats gone. rocker is fine on driver cept little of very top closer to door pillar at under front most drain hole of door. doors are mint and so is w/s frame and such, ALOT better damn shape than the best IL cab you can find unless is from elsewhere in the country,. OR has been literally garage and summer weather queen ALL its life, fat chance of finding one though,..

i just replaced the body seam filler all along the drip rail across cab todaya s matter of fact, looks slick now. with sealer sandable primer too and tarp now cuz gonna rain once again as always here, floods,....floods .,,,, floods.....
    good luck with yours !

if you need any info whatsoever or any questions answered regarding 67-72 trucks then lemme know or the forum know over there, yuo can find out anything you want to plus more about them.. 67-72 are my life literally, there is nothing that i ever do in life that does not have something to do with them in some aspect or another.. i drove 85 miles today just to check out a yard in springfield and came back empty handed, the only damn thing they got in yard is a mint custom/cst 67 68 chevy grille with bezels and opening moldings for 45, i passed, dont really need it, but is a score for someone else who may need one... everything has rust holes in it, all way through,. had 5 trucks 67-72, all fleet longs cept one shortstep, which is very uncommon to find here anywhere on road or not, farmers appareently werent too fond of ordering a short one back then,. corn and soybeans and wheat are country side scenery here, everywhere., no matter where you look,

*kicks the damn soapbox far far away*