Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rocker Studs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by kerwinq, May 9, 2004.

1. kerwinq

kerwinq Registered Member

Just installed a new cam with 488/510 lift, and 1.5 roller rockers. Do I need to have the rocker studs pinned or changed so they are actually threaded in? I have been told yes and no so am not sure. If this needs to be done which is the better way - pins or actual studs? What is the cost of doing this?

Thanks, Kerwin

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I personally would go for the screw in studs. Can't say if you need them or not, but I prefer them.

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I agree, screw in studs. Especially with more lift than stock. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Stock studs will usually hold up to about .500" lift but spring pressure also has a lot to do with it. Screw-in studs are much better than pins and I would reccomend doing that. Also buy a GOOD set of ARP's. As far as cost to have it done, I charge $125.00 labor in my shop for doing it.

5. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

You did not say what kind of spring pressure you are running. if stock you might be ok. Any thing else and I would go with ARP screw in studs