Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rockotillo Wells

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by skelly1, Dec 31, 2004.

1. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

So, we went today for some mudding and messing around. Brought the kids. We go out to the mudhills and I bust out a beer. OMG! A beer. Everybody tells me to make sure I keep it down so I don't get busted by the ranger. I put it in the bed, open, and he comes by, talks to the kids and leaves. What's wrong with this picture? No beer at Ocotillo wells, or was everybody being paranoid?

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I got a talking to by the rangers last time I went to Hollister. First time I've even seen a ranger in the past couple of years.

3. no1uknow

no1uknow 1/2 ton status

From what I understand they are starting to crack down on sh!t at Ocotillo Wells now. They are throwing in more rangers like they did in Glamis. It sucks......I guess they say too much people just go out there to "party" and not to have some good ole family fun in nature.

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Four wheeling and alcohol don't mix. Jackass. :mad: :mad: :surepal:

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

are Tim and I the only one seeing a problem with this? dont get me wrong, i love to wheel, and i love beer. i'm not stupid enough to mix the two, even one could potentially dull your senses enough to cause a major problem. one wrong move, and your rig goes over. its bad enough if it were just you, or you and your wife/girlfriend. but to think you were actually stupid enough to take your kids along while participating in such a way. way to go assbag. :shame:

6. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Personel attack comin up!!

:mad: Don't ever ask me to go wheelin withya, or anything else for that matter! My family is way too important to have some assbag drinkin out where I'm wheelin!

get a clue assbag!

7. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

A Timmay quote I can agree with :D

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

drinking and any form of motorsports do not mix. I always hated riding with some of the guys in our little snowmobile club who like to drink along the trail. Forget that, I don't drink either way but I refuse to drink and drive anything.

9. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Skelly skelly skelly, Dude, come on. Diddnt we go over wheeling , and your blowing up sand hill with no cage and kids and beer in the car before? We already went over this last year.:confused: Dude, if one of your kids dies ,or gets there head crushed under your truck, what are you going to do then?:confused: I know the thrill of drinking and wheeling might be fun, but common dude, think about what youre doing.To have everyone tell you again, like we did last year, i just cant beleive it. Wheres your head at ? :confused:

10. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Post a pic of your junk so everyone knows who to steer clear of out there :grin:

11. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Why can i just picture that? Some drunk guy, with like 5 kids in the back.....WEEEEEEE!!!! WEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

CRASH!!!!! ........than a bunch of SCREAMS:D

12. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

precisely why stupid people shouldnt breed. a little common sense goes a long way.:mad:

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

One year ago, Christmas Night, I got to spend the better part of the evening in the cold and rain picking up the crap that flew out of a EB that rolled in a dirt parking lot. To this day, I have yet to seen any remorse from the guy driving for the incident. All three people in the rig were lucky. Two had seatbelts, the third did not. He escaped with a sore hand after the roll bar landed on his hand. This guy was drunk. He had been drinking beer and liquor all day long. He almost killed himself, his stepson and his stepson's girlfriend.

DON'T DRINK AND WHEEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

14. BAJA_BLAZER

BAJA_BLAZER 1/2 ton status Author

BLM Ranges are out a control

The Rangers (BLM) at Ocotillo Wells started a new policy this season of not allowing alcohol anywhere outside of your camp area. If they find anything, even unopened in your cooler when you are out of your camp, they will make you pour it out. I’m not sure where they got the authority to do this from, as I am not aware of any changes in the law and nothing is posted anywhere. I personally don’t even drink at all, yet I think they are overstepping their authority and being unreasonable. I choose not to go to Ocotillo Wells anymore because of the abuse of power that I have witnessed there by the BLM. I have not had any run-in’s with them myself, but have seen them bully others around who were not in violation of anything or causing any problems.

As others have pointed out, you should not be drinking and driving, on or off road, and (your passengers) should not have open containers in your vehicle. But I think it is just fine to park anywhere out in the desert and have your passengers crack open a beer during a break, and this you cannot do in Ocotillo Wells. As for me, I drink way too much Diet Coke.

15. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I used to drink beer and wheel all the time back in the mid to late 70's. Me and all my buddies would head out to places like Ocotillo Wells, Death Valley, and El Mirage dry lake all the time to go wheeling with many, many cases of cold Budweiser. Back in those days the population of America was about 100 Million less people then it is now, and we would literally be about 100 or more miles from the nearest human being. We also did not have any kids with us. We where all only in our late teens to early twenties back then.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2005
  16. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the few of you that actually answered my question about having a beer at the mudhills during a break at Ocotillo Wells, I'll keep it down next time and watch my back the whole time I am drinking the devil water.

please dont post this kinda crap here:mad:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2005
  17. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

calm down all....he cracked a beer...never said he slammed down a 6 pack and then loaded up the family for a death run. I haven't taken the blazer off road yet (not really worthy right now) but I would take some brews too. I used to ride quads and dirt bikes out at glamis, and would have a beer or two during the day after long rides, but we'd be in camp for an hour or 3 before heading back out.

The BLM has changed its policy about alcohol because of 1.) the large #'s of injury and death on BLM land (majority alcohol related) and 2.) the tree hugging lobbiests have been trying to close all rec. vehicle riding in SOCAL for years, and believe they got this bill passed to enables the rangers to do this form of zero alcohol tolerance.

18. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

you would thing this would give a clue. if you and I follow all the rules, they have no amunition to get the land shut down.

drinking and driving is illegal and last time i check wheeling is driving also

19. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i dont care if it was one beer or 20 you were drinking and driving:mad: that is a bad move period:mad: :mad:

20. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

great, you're an assbag too. while you may not "feel" 1 beer, it is possible that it dulls your senses. and if you're not 110% on your game, bad things can happen when wheeling. bad things can = hurt people. follow the rules, or dont wheel. there's too many people out there trying to stop us from doing what we love for us to let dipsh!ts like you ruin it for the rest of us.