Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rockslider/nerf bar in place of rocker panels?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Dirt Squirter, Sep 18, 2002.

1. Dirt Squirter

Dirt Squirter Registered Member

I have a 73 K5 that I'm about ready to do a frame off resto on. Looks like I may need need to replace at least a portion of each of the floor boards due to the previous owner never taking out the original carpet and padding. I'm planning on just removing the inner and outer rockers and replacing them with homemade rock slider/ nerf bars. Has anyone done this and if so are any pics available? I'm gonna run only 6 inches of lift with 38's or 39.5's so severe fender trimming is in order anyways. It looks like there is some form of a subfloor beneath the incab floors that may get in the way of my plans.

thanks in adavance,

Nate

2. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

I build them. You can see you them on my site on www.bentandtwisted4x4.com They work out real nice if you are already rusted anyway

3. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

4. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

hey marv, are those higher than the original rockers? I wanna do something similar on mine, but keep the doors~

Oh btw, nice fenders!!!

Bryan

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I used 3x3 square tubing. You can see pics on my link below. I have a 72 so duno if your 73 has rockerboxes or not?? I welded my 3x3s to the rockerboxes...

6. marv_springer

Bryan,

No soap on keepin' the doors... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif after I was done with it....!

This was the main reason I started off on the tube door deal. I did both my truck and therobzilla's (camo). Did mine first.... and I think his came out better /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif ....fer sure about 2" higher than mine. I gained 'bout 6" clearance over the stock rocker and he gained aout 8".

Marv

7. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Marv
    I like how you narrowed your bedsides. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

8. marv_springer

You like ...!?! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif I have to tell you tho... it takes much time and patience to get there...!

Marv