Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rockstomper Beadlock kits

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DaveCowley, Dec 28, 2002.

1. DaveCowley

DaveCowley 1/2 ton status

Any of you running Beadlocks welded yourself bought from Rockstomper.com. I need to beadlock my 16.5s. Just wondering about street manners, any problems etc... Seems to be an inexpensive solution and they claim they are the strongest beadlocks. They want $80 per kit. Anyone seen a better solution for a better price?

Dave Cowley

2. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

The only other options for 16.5's are Hummer beadlocks, or Trail Ready. If you already have rims, the Rockstomper's will win out for overall cost. Hummer rims will either need new centers welded in to correct the backspacing, or spacers. New centers will run you about $50 plus the cost of the Hummer rims. TR's start around $250.

3. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

have them on my truck w/ 42's unbalanced---i can get up to about 70 w/ nary a vibration---i was thouroughly impressed.---oh yea--theye are 15" rims

4. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

very interesting..........idea processing, beadlocks hm, now I want some! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

5. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

I had a local shop build mine. Basically they are the same idea as the Rockstompers, except mine are 3/8" thick steel. I just received the first one for a test fit and leak check. Everything was perfect, except I don't know how to torque down the 32 bolts. By the time I finished with the last one, the first one is loose again. The shop will have the other 3 ready on the first days of January. I'll let you know how it goes. Hand labor is cheap in my country, so they should be less expensive than Rockstompers and I'll save on shipping.

6. DaveCowley

DaveCowley 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the commentary. Sounds like nobody had anything too bad to say. I guess that is what I will go with. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Dave Cowley

7. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

it took me a good 45 minutes to do the first rim where all the bolts were at the same TQ. once i got the hang of it about 20-25 min. just keep going around and around and around and around again till there all good and tight.---mine were eecommended at 10-20 ft-lbs---so i went 15.