Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rockstomper Rock Rods

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by opfor2, Nov 9, 2002.

1. opfor2

opfor2 1/2 ton status

I ordered a Rockstomper Rock Rod w/tie ends and the steering stabilizer bracket for my 90 Blazer today. I was wondering if anyone else has ordered one from Rockstomper and what ther thought of it ? I would also like to know how the installation went? I spoke with Scott and he stated that it's a direct replacement for the old one. He furthet stated that the rod did not come with any installation instructions which I find a little strange.

Thanks for all your help.

Dan...

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Remove old tie rod...

Install new tie rod...

Rene

3. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

yah, why would you need instructions for the obvious. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Rock Rod ROCKS! No instructions necessary. Screw it together, remove the old one, install the new one, set toe. Tighten the jam nuts and yer done.

Depdog

5. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Just a quick note on the Rockstomper Rods. I have one and have been very pleased with it. The installation is very easy, as stated already. However, the will bend. Mine is bent up and in since the Blazer Bash 2002 trip to Moab. It has not caused a problem so far, but I am talking to Steve at Missouri Offroad Outfitters about what he might be able to come up with.

6. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Nobody said they wouldnt bend. Scott can build you one that wont. However if it gets any stronger, your going to either sheer tie rod ends, or the knuckle itself.

Depdog