Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rockwell question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Overkill, Oct 13, 2002.

1. Overkill

Overkill 1/2 ton status

Anyone know how difficult it is to rotate the center section 180 deg. I would like to do this to get my pinion closer to center for the rear axle. The only thing I could find on this topic is that you need to "just" rotate them. I have one off and spun around (on the floor) but the bolts don't seem like they would line up (I haven't tried to put it back together yet to check for fit) Just wanted to see what I would be up against before I wrestle that pig back on top of the axle (by hand). Thanks.... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

As much as I hate to say this I think youll get a better responce to this over at Pirate. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Theres not many running REOs here, but Pirate has quite a bit of info on them from what I have heard.

Oh wait Jamie I forgot....You cant do any of what your talking about. Just toss those things out by the curb w/ the trash and Im sure someone will hae them picked up by daybreak. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Whats your address............. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. Overkill

Overkill 1/2 ton status

OK I will just "toss" em to the curb... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I have been researching this also on pirate and can't seem to find what Im looking for. I did a bit of measuring and it seems that I need to either drill new holes for the studs to come through or relocate the studs. I'm thinking the easiest thing to do would be drilling new holes and bolting the beotch back together....A drilling we will go, a drilling we will go, high ho the dairy-o, a drilling we will go....

BTW I updated my webshots today, more pics and such...In case anyone wanted to know, LOL...