Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ROCKWELL STEERING ?????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by yellowK20, Aug 21, 2003.

1. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I aquired a duece frame with axles this weekend That I'm wanting to put under the yellow truck (just the axles not the frame ) and go to 52" Michelin Xl's with usa6x6 double beadlock wheels my question is how the [I love Jeeps] do you hook up the steering if you don't want full hydro ???? any ideas ??? I'm open for suggestions My blue stepside will be reciveing the 14bolt out of the yellow truck as well as the D-60 that I had planned on swapping into it and my current Tsl's will also find there way onto the stepside after a few more inches of lift /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif the current suspension lift will then be moved to new burb /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    I'm not sure what to do about not using full hydro, but does that frame have all of the hydro equipment. If it does and you wanna sell it PM me, I may know a guy that will buy it off ya'.

3. yellowK20

Dueces have Manual steering /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I'm not against Hydro assit ( I want it for this thing ) But full hydro worries me what If you stall the engine on a hill ?? ---No Steering at all I was thinking about some sort of Hybrid crosssover steering with hydro assit

4. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

For your tires/beadlocks, contact John at Staz Works. He is a great guy to talk to and VERY informative. He'll answer ANY questions you have.

He use to build the wheels for USA6x6, until they started going around him and building less quality wheels.

For the top quality wheels and a great guy to deal with, and if you dont wanna get dicked around, give John a call.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

beat me to it. couldnt remember the guys name but i read all that stuff on POR about USA 6x6 and i have to say I would never go through Daniel for anything because of what i read on pirate.

6. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    For your tires/beadlocks, contact John at Staz Works. He is a great guy to talk to and VERY informative. He'll answer ANY questions you have.

He use to build the wheels for USA6x6, until they started going around him and building less quality wheels.

For the top quality wheels and a great guy to deal with, and if you dont wanna get dicked around, give John a call.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen to that brother. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

That clown from usa6x6 is a total waste of time. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

You will also want to talk to Sean @ Performance Off-road Systems about full hydro steering. He can answer any questions or concerns about running full hydro. Real nice guy just like John. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

His number is 601-605-2876 leave a message he will call you back.

Eric

7. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

If you use the right steering valve, you will not lose steering if the engine dies.

8. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    If you use the right steering valve, you will not lose steering if the engine dies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe you lose mostly all of it but yes, I think with the right steering valve you could still have enough steering to get yourself out of danger. I think...

9. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I believe you lose mostly all of it

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. Most steering valves from tractors and combines made in the last 10 years or so have a very tightly toleranced pump on the inside which uses oil trapped in your hydro lines to move the ram back and forth. There is no input from your PS pump required to achieve this. This was a safety feature so that Ag equipment that lost engine power would still maintain steering control for the driver.

10. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Well I guess you learn something new everyday man! Thanks for setting me straight.

11. yellowK20

Thanks to all you guys Can anyone else elaborate on why not to use usa6x6 prices seem fair enough 150 a piece for 90% tread michelin Xl's is not bad

12. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

USA6x6 is very hard to talk to if you are new. He expects everyone to know everything. When he himself doesnt seem to know what he is doing all the time from some posts I've read.
    I've seen posts of wheels that he has been making AFTER going on his own, and the wheels were no where near the quality of Johns. Its a long story I guess. Also, prices arent everything when on top of descent prices, you get lied to, made feel like and idiot and then get a crappy wheel /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Johh also has the tires you want. trust me you will no be disappointed with Johns work, prices, or his customer service. They are ALL top notch! Just give him a call and see what he has to offer, it cant hurt!

13. yellowK20

does he have a web site ????? I want good stuff I'll try to call him tommorrow /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Here you go Staz Works You really won't regret dealing with John. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

Eric

15. yellowK20

Thanks there site didn't work very well so I just E-mailed him /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

go run a search in "Chit Chat" or "General 4x4" over at Pirate4x4.com and read all the stories people have posted about their dealings with daniel from usa 6x6.... Doesnt sound like a guy you want to do buisness with.