Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rockwells and leaf springs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by willymonster, Mar 6, 2006.

1. willymonster

willymonster 1/2 ton status

who has some rockwells on leafs ? how do they do ? i have a shortbed with a 454 i was thinking of putting some 63 inch rears and putting my 52s on the front and tossing the rockwells on there . I was just concerned with the axle wrap ,i guess i could put on torque arms i also have a set of 49s and a doubler setup would this be to much for the leafs ? i also dont need any lift because i have a 47 power wagon body to put on top (no fenders and skinny body !! )so if anybody has this setup please send some pics !! how well will it FLEX ?? will the 52s be enough ? :confused:

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

fenders, body, and flex are the least of your worries. with 52s up front, you're going to have an addition to your oil pan... its called a front differential.:doah:

3. willymonster

willymonster 1/2 ton status

good point i forgot about that ,i guess i could put some 56s up there maybey even some 4 or 6 inchers . i thouht i saw a pic of somebodys rig that had rocks with 52s or 56s on this site . if i remember correctly he wasnt running a huge amount of lift :crazy: