Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rockwells

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DesertDueler2, Dec 28, 2006.

1. DesertDueler2

DesertDueler2 1/2 ton status

Who is the best person to get them from? Also does anyone know of somebody local for me(arizona) that might have some that need rebuilt, or are ready to go. My new projest needs some. I am trying to keep my 135" wheelbase, so I need big tires(48or 53s), so I need some 2.5 tons. Thanks is adavnce for the help.

Dan

Last edited: Jan 1, 2007
  2. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

I can get a pair locally (1ft/1r)--haven't asked any prices--how much you lookin to spend. i know they have been sittin for a while. if you want i can ask.

Dan

3. DesertDueler2

Let me know. I really dont want to try and see if my 3/4 ton stuff will hold up to 53s. As for price, of coarse the cheaper the better, but I want something that is good. I will pay more for quality. I know usa6x6 has them rebuilt for 2,200, but of all the feedback about those guys, I dont know if I would go that route.

Dan

4. willymonster

willymonster 1/2 ton status

do not buy from usa6x6 !!!!!!!!!!!! the only way i got my rockwell rims from them was telling them i was going to report them as fraud to my credit card company . dont let him try to tell you theyre getting better,:doah: THEY SUCK

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, avoid usa6x6. Try craigslist, pirate4x4.com etc to find rockies. They are actually pretty common and shouldn't cost much more than $1k for a pair of u-joint-style axles.

j

6. DesertDueler2

Any news Dan?

Dan

7. SUPERSUB87

SUPERSUB87 1/2 ton status

ok. To tell you the truth im all about my stock axles too. i get carried away and argue about how strong they are all the time. but 53's on 3/4 ton axles? thats a wee bit :crazy: . as for rockwells. www.boyceequipment.com is the best place i have found so far and are cheaper than usa6x6. they sell full rockwell kits for about 5 grand. thats axles, wheels and such to get you going in the right direction. they are going to be the place i buy my rockwells from in the future.

8. TeK

TeK 1/2 ton status

www.chuckstrucks.net is the place to go for big tires and 2.5 ton parts. I'll be runnin 57" Rice & Canes on my '79 with my Rocks. I've bought all my rebuild parts, my new NP200, and my front lift from them. Great place!!!!