Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rocky Mountain Suspension Products?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MTChevy, Jul 18, 2005.

1. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Anybody done business with these people? I am planning on buying the 4 inch Tuff Country for my 85 K10 and I like the prices and products. With the lift kit, shocks, arm, and stabilizer it comes to about 500 bux. I think thats good price. But anyways, anyone ever dealt with this company?

Cole

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I have quite a few times. They used to be located in Bayfield, CO and now moved somewhere east, can't remember. I used them because they were next state and I've been to Bayfield before.

The reason they have such good prices is the fact they don't have an actual shop or store in which to supply the parts. They do "drop ship" instead. This means they are a retailer in which the parts you order from them are shipped rather from the factory where they were made from. If you order Superlift leaf springs, they will be shipped direct from Superlift the company itself. All the retailer gets is a small percentage of the sale. They can still make a good living this way considering how many orders they get a day/week/month, etc.

Rocky Mnt. Susp. has been in business for a loooooong time, so don't worry about any negativity from them as you should have no problems with them. I've used them maybe 10 times with absolutely NO problems. I'd use them again if I had something to get. Use them rather than 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers. :waytogo:

3. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Used them back in 2000 and had no problems. Haven't bought any suspension stuff since.

I did it for the same reason thatK30guy did, because they were in Colorado. I think they're in North Carolina or Tennesee now.

4. MTChevy

Thats good! gonna get my lift from them this weekend. Any pointers on installing it? Im going to have the box off. Thanks for the replies!

5. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Personally I would replace all the bolts, but that is just me. The bolts through the spring shackles that is.

6. trollporter

trollporter 1/2 ton status

I believe they are now located in Calabash, NC. They are a great company and I have delt with them many times with no probs. Phone # is 1800 521 4908

7. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Ordered my rear tuff country springs from the not long ago, Great service, springs were ordered on a monday, showed up on thurs.

8. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

I used Off Road Design...they are located in Colorado - close to us here in Montana. Plus they have great customer service. I recommend you give them a call and compare prices before your order!

9. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I bought a SkyJacker 2" dropped drag link from them, and had no problems with the transaction. Like allready mentioned, they drop ship many things. My drag link came from some place in the East Texas area.

10. MTChevy

mouse, Have I seen your rig around town? I live in Great Falls also. I got a black, silver, and rusty K10

11. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

You've probably seen me. I usually drive the blazer everywhere around town, although I'm currently fixing a few minor issues from the Divide ride trails. I'm almost finished. If you're looking for some trails rides I can hook you up with the Cascade For Wheelers (club). They are currently focused more on racing - baja, sand drags, etc - but more than a few of us are trying to convert to more off road excursions.

Montana is a great place to offroad!

12. MTChevy

Ive been to there mud drags theyve had. Woods willy's is awesome! Im only 17 years old, just getting going. But i ordered my 4 inch TC and goodies and im ready to get it in. Couple more weeks of work and i should be able to get my 33's