Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rocky Run Trails in VA

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Boss, May 5, 2000.

1. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

I'm going to the Rocky Run Trail in VA tomorrow and Sunday. Its in Bridgewater VA, about 20 minutes outside of Harrisonburg. Its part of the George Washington National Park. I know most people here aint from around here, but I thought I might share just incase some of yall are and would like to join me. I'll take some pics while I'm there and give yall a report. If anyone is interested, let me know.
    Boss

2. 78k5

78k5 1/2 ton status

Hey I have never heard about these trails could you give me some information so I can check them out? I am from Big Island VA.

3. Boss

Hey 78K5, check this site out. It will give you the info on this trail.
    http://www.4wdriver.com/regions/region6/index.html
    How far are you from Fairfax? Just trying to get an idea how far you are from me. I live in MD, about 2 hrs north of Fairfax.
    Boss

4. 78k5

78k5 1/2 ton status

I'm not really sure, I am 18 miles north of Lynchburg VA. if that gives you any better idea. I think Fairfax is relatively close but I haven't been there for awhile.

5. 78k5

78k5 1/2 ton status

By the way thanks for the site it is pretty good.

6. Wingnutt

Wingnutt 1/2 ton status

Hey 78k5, I'm just down the road from ya, literally. Just jump on 122 south to Bedford. Glad to see someone from this part of the country hanging around!

7. 78k5

78k5 1/2 ton status

Good to see someone close! Where do you go offroading around here? I usually go up to peavine but that gets a little old sometimes.

8. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Hey, I'm from Roanoke Va, and Fairfax is about 3 hours (what speed limit?) from here so Lynchburg is gonna be about 2 1/2 hours for ya.

9. Boss

Hmm, do I smell a MD and VA get together like the Arizona guys did? And what the PA and NY guys are trying to do. If Yall want to get together sometime, let me know. We can go to the Rocky Run Trails. I didn't make it this weekend, b/c last second decisions(friend was throwing a killer party, so couldn't resist), but I wouldn't mind going down there and meeting some fellow Colorado K5ers. Let me know.
    Boss

10. Wingnutt

Wingnutt 1/2 ton status

hey 78k5 and MudFrog,

There's not a whole lot of places around close. My brother lives acorss from the Roanoke Valley 4WD club, and that's usally where I go. I'm thinking about joining, but they won't be accepting new members till later in the year. Somebody at work told be about a place off of 501 just north of Big Island but I've never been there. There used to be some good places near Fincastle, but that land has been bought up and you'll get the cops called on ya if you try it now.

11. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Never been there either. I've been thinking about starting a club in this area, let me know if anyone is interested. Some of my friends would join (even though they are jeepers). Well let me know what ya'll think. Drop me an email at jsgraham78@msn.com.

12. Jimmy Buffett

Jimmy Buffett Registered Member

Hey man I'm about 1-1/2 hrs. from Roanoke Rapids, NC. You tell me where Rocky Run Trails is from there, a weekend and I'll bring my '78 Jimmy up for a weekend ride!

13. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I'm in Roanoke Va, not sure how far away Roanoke Rapids is.
    But if your still up for it let me know.

14. Jimmy Buffett

Jimmy Buffett Registered Member

Well, Roanoke Rapids is just south of the VA line (I had to go to Skippers, VA to buy my $325 million dollar lotto ticket) It's pretty damn far to Roanoke,VA. But hey if there is going to be some K5s on a trail ride I'm up to make the trip!

15. Mr Red

Mr Red 1/2 ton status

Hey Boss,

You know me here in NOVA... I saw those trails on the Park Svc web site a while back and had been wondering myself. I might be up to a trip. I just can't afford to break anything right now, budget is real tight. Let's see what happens...

<font color=red>David, '86 K5</font color=red>

16. Boss

Mr. Red,
    I was wondering when I was gonna hear from you. Yeah, I know what you mean about the tight budget, I'm on one myself. Hey everyone one VA, how about we plan a trip to Rocky Run later this summer, like August or something?? If everyone wants to, let me know, I'll see what I can do. Oh, Roanoke is about 2-3hrs from there. And I'm about 2 1/2 hr from there myself. Well, let me know.
    Boss

17. johnny reb

johnny reb 1/2 ton status

I'd be interested in that late summer trip. I'm in Falls Church, VA just outside of DC. Anybody else in my area?

18. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Ok August would be great for me. I'm getting ready to buy a differen't blazer so it would give me some time to do some mods to it. I've already got a 4" rancho lift ya'll think I should do 33" or 35" tires? I'm thinking either the BFG Mud's (I've owned a few sets of these and love them) or the Procomp Mud's. Anyway ya'll let me know something about the trip this summer.

19. Mr Red

Mr Red 1/2 ton status

Hey johnny reb,

Woodbridge here. Boss is in Columbia, MD

<font color=red>David, '86 K5</font color=red>