Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rode the short bus today

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Mar 13, 2004.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

literally, a 78 chevy 30 dually van one,

neighbor traded an 86 chevy K20 pickup for it,

and its tired and beat and the 350 needs a carb and tuned up and th400 kick wire is unplugged or something it stays in first gear, but i rode in it from where we got it all the way to next door just now, should have sene all the looks we got haha

dana 60 with 4.10 RPO, school bus equipment RPO code, 5.7L 4bbl engine RPO, RO5 dual rear wheel conversion RPO, some other interesting options

hell it might be the same exact short bus i rode to kindergarten everyday back in around 81 a few blocks north of here

neighbor says he wants to use it to haul the ATV's in.
    engine runs bad though, rockers rattling, carb loading up fuel coming out of it, and the tranny not leaving first gear.

the K20 he traded for ti i would have kept, it was nice, worth alot more than the bus, but oh well, he does this stuff all the time, he is crazy

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

And here I thought the short bus was going to take you to your new job. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    hell its most likely the same exact short bus i rode to kindergarten everyday back in around 82 83 a few blocks north of here

[/ QUOTE ]

Sheesh, you went to kindergarten in 1983? I feel OLD /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

is he going to part it out? how much for the 4.10/60 /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    hell its most likely the same exact short bus i rode to kindergarten everyday back in around 82 83 a few blocks north of here

[/ QUOTE ]

Sheesh, you went to kindergarten in 1983? I feel OLD /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

about 83 yeah hehe give or take a year, its been a while, maybe 81, hmm.. dunno

6. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

please tell him to lift it and wheel it

god that would be funny

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

fixed the bus, the carb was dumping gas into engine so bad that there was about 5 gallons of gas to drain out of pan, put a good carb on it and new plugs and oil and the tranny is actually a th350 and what was wrong was the hose at the intake for the modulator valve was disconnected and split, now it will burn off all four wheels, before it would barely idle along in gear barely any power to move itself we had to pull it at first,
    about an hour ago after while we took it for a spin after we just got done fixing all this i was sitting inside and i got thrown all the way to the back of the bus haha, its great now it hauls ass big time, we just got back form taking it around towna nd showing friends and stuff, alot of ppl point and laugh its great. gonna use it to haul cars to peoria, its got reese setup under it already:D
    wish i knew you needed a 4.10 60 rear axle last fall, i had to scrap a '67 powrlok one cuz no one wanted it i held onto it for months

8. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    please tell him to lift it and wheel it

god that would be funny

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

no where to wheel around here though, all the lights on the top work and everything its a ful blown school bus and also the pass door mechanism is all intact and works great, one side of the bus is still yeloow the other side someone put cheap black on it, its wierd cuz its only 8,900 GVW rating, a 1 ton dually pickup were std equipment of 10,000, so hmm,.

9. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    And here I thought the short bus was going to take you to your new job. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i know of a few places that a short bus needs to take you, but we shouldnt get into that here

10. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

11. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i work on those things every day. only not that old. i work at a thomas built bus dealership. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

and here, our friend Randy, admits to riding the short bus. :haha: :haha: :haha:

window lickin retard.

13. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

And add booger pickin' frickin' moron to that list of names for him. :bow: :haha:

14. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Man you guys are bad...

15. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Yeah, and I wonder why and who we learned from? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

16. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

17. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

:d :d :d

18. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

fumes you suck at that:D