Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

roll bar from a 73

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 69K5, Apr 16, 2004.

1. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

simple question. will a oem roll bar from a 73 fit in our blazers? if it will i am definatley getting it and a bikini top.

thanks

69k5

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

I think your floor pans are different enough you'd have some fone making it fit.

However, there wasn't an OEM rollbar for '73 -- that came in '74 (model years, anyway.) Your potential donor is likely aftermarket, which might well fit better into yours.

The OE rollbar has four feet which bolt flat to the floor, two right behind the seats and two farther back, and two big tabs (~2" square) which bolt into the bedsides just behind the seats. I can prolly provide pictures to assist in ID'ing if you need.

Aftermarket ones usually bolt to the floor on the front feet and to the wheel wells (at an angle) on the back.

-- A

3. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

thanks for the help. ill go check it out and see which it is. from thedescription it shouldnt be a problem. if its cheap enough i might get it if not ill just wait it out.

thanks

69k5 /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif