Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Roll Bar Pads&Covers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by malachi, Jun 13, 2001.

1. malachi

malachi Registered Member

Anyone know where I can get roll bar pads & covers for my 75 Blazer?

2. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Try Smittybilt, they have some Zipper covers and also Velcro covers that go over their padding. If you can get me a part number, I will look up the price that I can get it to you for. Let me know if you find out!

Keith

3. ChrisM72beast

ChrisM72beast 1/2 ton status

I tried Smittybilt's website and I found nothing. Would it only be in a catalog or did I miss it completely?
    Thanks

4. Eagle

Eagle Registered Member

Go to Wal-Mart and buy yourself a Pool Noodle. Buy the kind that has the hollow center. Then you can get any kind of cover you want. Cheap and very easy.

There is a VERY fine line between hobby and mental illness

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Summit has them, http://www.jegs.com but I've heard that the customer service is better at Summit

Murphy's Laws on Life :
    "The longer you wait in line, the greater the liklihood that you are standing in the wrong line." [​IMG]

6. Ressurection

Ressurection 1/2 ton status

I went to the local plumbing supplies wholesaler, gave them the diameter of my rollbar and they had a perfect diameter black foam pipe insulation, cool thing is it has adhesive on the slit edges. You peel a plastic strip off each, and close them together, and even with the top off, in high heat at 60mph they stay on! I am looking for a cover, tho and will check out the catalogs for that velcro'd one.

You can't beat going Topless!

7. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

The Smittybilt part number for the 2" rollbar padding shows to be RP200...it doesn't (of course) show what length each unit is...my guess is it must be a couple of feet at least, since my JOBBER COST on that is $9.27!! If I can find out, I will post it on here, otherwise if anyone finds out, I can have it ordered and shipped out to you. Of course, if you could get it at your local parts store (and have them pay the shipping), you could probably save some money...if not, let me know and I will see what we can do!

Keith

PS- the covers come in all different sorts of lengths, try to let me know which ones you would be interested in, I will check them out... Velcro - 19", 27, 36, 38, 39, 41" Zipper - 19, 21 30, 32, 34, 36, 38, 44, 48, 51, 57, and 61"

8. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Understand this. Pipe insulation is not really a roll bar pad. Roll bar pad is made with a high density foam. there is some pipe insulation made of the same stuff and the pool stuff is fairly close also. What you don't want is that black foam rubber stuff. The real dea SFI stuff that Jegs and summit sells is the good stuff but it is expensive!

It's not my damn planet monkey boy!
    Grim-Reaper

9. malachi

malachi Registered Member

Talked to the people at smittybuilt the 61" cover is the longest they have. My stock roll bar is 96". I guess I could put two together but I was hoping to just have one piece. Maybee I'll just have to make it myself