Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. 76GMCJimmyinAZ

76GMCJimmyinAZ Registered Member

Anyone know where to get Blazer/Jimmy roll bars? I'd like something that fits as close to the roof as possible, but doesn't look wimpy with the top off. Would like some peace of mind when my munchkins are in the back seat...I know that, supposedly, there is an integral roll bar in the cab roof of the 76 (?) and newer trucks- anyone ever seen a cage for the rear portion of the truck? Be kind of neat way to attach a canvas top (like a boat bimini top) for the backseaters while still having the "topless" feel....

GUZZLES GAS BUT IT'S FREE AND CLEAR!!!

2. The cab on a 76 does have an intergrated roll bar,but you flip and your cab is realy shot.Some of the older blazers had a bar in the back of the rear seat.It was called a family bar,not sure what years had them though.
    Smitty built makes a roal bar that bolts in the cab.They also sell a front kit that welds in to protect the front beter.Depends on your budget though,if you got the cash a custom built cage is the way to go.
    Hope this helps,good luck.

IF IT AINT BIG IT AINT BAD!!!!!!

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Ya save your duckets and get a custome bent cage, thoes bolt together don't offer enough pertection for the little rugrats or yourself for that madder...

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG] Led Zeppelin
    http://burt4x4.coloradok5.com

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

5. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I have a 4 point cage in the back of my Blazer. It completely covers the passengers in the back seat. And it doesn't look custom at all, so maybe you can find one out there. Its not perfect, but its better than nothing with the top off.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad