Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Roll Bar

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jacobean, Mar 27, 2003.

1. jacobean

jacobean Registered Member

Does anyone know of a company that supplies a standard roll bar for a 74 Blazer.

Thanks
    /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

2. BlaznRebel

BlaznRebel 1/2 ton status

try echobit i think is the name

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Smittybilt makes 'em but they suck, I would go with a ecobit job....

4. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

What's wrong with the Smittybilt bar? I'm kind of looking for some protection but I don't need a full cage /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

smittys are a good foundation for a cage. weld it up, add some gusseting and some integral seat mounting and it'll make a fine cage.

j

6. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

It's more of a beauty bar, I wouldn't count on it for any added protection not to mention the price. But if you do get it, you have to mount the main hoop as far back in the footwell as possible to facilitate the removal of the top. The kickers have to be cut down approx 5 inches so the rear mounts are flush with the fender wells(not that the fenders provide any structual support, but it looks better). If you want some pics I can snap some. I think it may be more effective if you also install the front cage kit, but then you said you didn't want a full cage and that's exactly what that is. In my opinion the stock re-enforced roof should be adequate, but it does make a great place to mount a Hi-lift, shovel, spare axles, fire extinguisher, suitcase filled w/ 20's, etc /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

7. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The kickers have to be cut down approx 5 inches so the rear mounts are flush with the fender wells

[/ QUOTE ]

Kickers? And yes pics would be nice.

Yeah, hopefully I won't need a full roll cage for a little while /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif