Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

roll bar

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by giddyap, Aug 2, 2003.

1. giddyap

giddyap Newbie

I'm looking for a roll bar for a 72 blazer - any ideas?

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Well I just typed the words "roll bar" into the search button at the bottom of the page and came up with about 250 matches........

I imagine that could get you started. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Tuff

Tuff Registered Member

Number 1: fill out your profile. People are alot nicer when you do that.

Number 2: Smittybilt makes one and Greg72 makes nice roll bars, however since we don't know where you we don't know who can help you.

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

chill peeps..it was his first post.. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

5. Greg72

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey don't tell me to chill......I used the /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

That means "friendly"....or something. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it is common eqiduete. unlike my feeble attemps at speeling...

7. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

aren't you suppost to say...unless your a paying member, we will only be able to see every other word that you type...

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif[ QUOTE ]
    I'm for roll for 72 - any?

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. brandoneh

brandoneh 1/2 ton status

Soooo.......i'm about to yank my wimpy little roll cage out because it looks like twigs.. I went to 4 wheel parts, and they say Smitty Built is all out of 1st gen cages and its going to be hard to find one. soooo word on the street is Greg fab's em eh? I would be very interested in gettin somethin, but they are hard to find.

BAD NEWS--
    I blew up my 350, i dont know how, or what really happened but it still has compression but won't run worth a dip. I ran it hard all day and then i came home and there was some hot chick so i reved it high, and somethin went down bad!

GOOD NEWS--
    I got a 454 out of 73 1 ton for 700 bucks. Dont know if its going to be a good idea with 1/2 ton setup with a stock small driveline, suggestions would be appreciated.

Let me know so i dont go breakin stuff i can't afford! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I put the /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif thing...that means its a friendly post!

9. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

brandoneh , I think you're pushing your luck running 38's on 1/2 ton running gear. I think if you add a 454 into the mix, your going to be replaceing axels. You may also want to beef up your driveline u-joints. If you don't 4x4 it, you could probably get away with it for a while, but what's the fun in that?

Have you fixed that door yet? What do you do in the rain?

10. Greg72

[ QUOTE ]
    Soooo.......word on the street is Greg fab's em eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got three galleries in my .sig that show rollcage work I did for Zakk, MJF, and MilpitasK5

....some cool stuff, but I am really finding it hard to find time anymore. Being unemployed provided a LOT more time for those pursuits! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Time isn't so easy to find now that I'm back among "the working week"....

11. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

HA, your first mistake was 4 wheel parts. I just bought another front weld in smitybuilt kit for a 1st gen. like a month ago. I have heard the rear is still avail. as well. Check somewhere else before you give up.
    BTW have fun getting that BBC to fit "correctly" in your truck. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif Although it would be

12. brandoneh

brandoneh 1/2 ton status

Ahhhh....the working week. no fun in that. Greg72, i have a friend that has a bender, and i got a buddy that has a welder, maybe i can get them to get together? I'm going to take the cage out regardless because i think it makes the truck look wimpy, plus all the roll bar paddin is goin to crap and i would have to redo it /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif. Maybe later down the road when i got some ends to spare i can get those two together and hopefully get some measurements from you on the roll bar. Probably the cheapest way to go, unless i can find one up here in wa for cheap.

Bouncy, the 454 on 1/2 ton makes me scared. since she is my daily driver, wheeling is not in the picture right now. But knowin me just bein a pavement pounder, i'm going to hop on it hard and snap/twist/break/ somethin /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

ALSO...anyone have any towing stories, i know the k5 wheel base is short, and probably not recommended but just wondering if anyone had any luck or amazing testimonies. I got a little bitch cj5 on 33 boggers that i dont mind thrashing on.