Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Roll Bars

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigcitybrianwright, Mar 25, 2005.

1. bigcitybrianwright

bigcitybrianwright Registered Member

Anybody know where to get a roll bar for '89 full size Jimmy? Probably a 3 inch chrome would be great, and I want it to tuck in under the hardtop when it's on.

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

3"? that's not a rollbar, its a showbar. roll a truck over on one, and i'd bet it bends easier that your factory half cab.

3. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

take the top off. and put on a Triple Double three inch chrome bar, with 4 KC daylighters on it... itll look sick. :cool: jk

hope your not putting this roll bar in there for safteys sake... i have a bolt in roll bar that came outa my 77 jimmy, with a little mods it can fit your 89. im giving it away.

oops guess i shoulda looked you were from tennesee.

4. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Man the poor guy asked where he can get a chrome roll bar....give him a break..maybe he is into show more than go. A simple "they are for looks more than function" would be fine instead of bashing him/makin fun for him wanting to 'look good':surepal:

Seems go many people on here that used to be into the 'looking good' part now all of the sudden look down on people for it. I remember when this site first started...people were getting aluminum wheels and there truck looked nice. Now its a 'waste of money' and 'you dont want to do that' attitude. Amazing when people forget they used to be the same way, but for some reason NOW they are WAY better than those who are into the same things they once were. Personally I like both aspects of the truck builing...the clean ones and the hardcore crawlers...
    Dont drive away people from the site by insulting them just because they might not be into the same type of 'building' you are...

Anyways.

I think I've seen them at JCwhitney.com or smittybuilt might make them

Good luck.

5. Silver84k5

whoaa. i wasnt bashing him,,, I was just joking around. chill out. I was waiting for him to respond on whether the bar was for safety's sake or not...

didnt know joking wasnt allowed on here anymore. ill refrain...

6. blazerpro79

blazerpro79 1/2 ton status

ya smittybuilt does make them... go to 4wheelparts.com and go under 'steel products' and smittybuilt is there, they have them for like 180.00 chrome.

if you want a functional one... s&w roll cages are the best.
    www.swracecars.com

7. Silver84k5

dude i think you are reading a little too deep... Shoot, someday id like to build a first gen blazer, or a pickup of that same vintage, and have it look nice. with a built motor all clean and pretty...

8. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

:rotfl: Wasnt really directed that way....the first two posts just came across as 'you suck for wanting a chrome rollbar':grin: He's new to the site, and time and time again I sit back and watch older members talk down on something a new guy likes, just because it isnt the 'cool thing to do'. I'm sure you know what I mean.
    Just dont want him to take the site the wrong way.

Keep joking away:grin:

9. Silver84k5

the smitty built bar, is the one that i belive came outa my 77.. I rolled it pretty hard on the street a few years back, and it held up suprisingly well. That would prolly be your best bet.. If memory serves me i think it was 1.75, or 2 inch.

10. Silver84k5

11. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

12. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I agree. I definitely feel like the minority in this group. I've had my '90 K5 since '92 and it is in pristine condition. I drive it all the time and have NO intentions whatsoever of making it a hardcore wheeler. I want it to drive good, pull my boat, mild offroading, and I want it to look great. I say if you want the chrome roll bar then get it. (I have noticed that there are a FEW people on this site that have REALLY nice trucks. Those are the trucks I'm interested in.) Take advantage of this site b/c there are lots of guys here that have a wealth of knowledge and are very willing to teach/help those like me that don't) Good luck with your puchase and welcome to CK5.

13. blazerpro79

blazerpro79 1/2 ton status

im in that boat also! i have shiny paint... i like it. i have a lot of chrome, i love it. i wheel, but i want a head turner for a DD

14. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

That was my point...NO ONE on here should feel like 'the minority'. We are all here for one pupose....to learn, fix, and build K5's. No matter how extreme you are going, its all about K5's ( burbans and trucks too:grin: ). That 'should' be the focus.

BTW, didnt mean to hi-jack the thread:grin:

15. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

Where in TN are you from? I'm from NE Mississippi. Tried to send you a message and email but you have it blocked. :dunno:

16. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

We need some affirmative action for the clean rigs.:grin:

Just kidding, as a thought instead of a chrome roll bar you can have the best of both worlds with a functional one with a good paint job on it to match the truck or coordinate.

17. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

My '73 has a cut down Pickup chrome roll bar. The PO cut the bottom mounts off the uprights and welded it back together to fit under the top. The angle tubes that go to the inner fender hump were cut also. Might find a used one cheap and "cut 'er down".

18. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

:saweet: :saweet: Show truck owners unite, hell yeh! Ok fine, till mines painted and the primer is a distant memory I wont have a show truck...maybe this summer. Ill have a hardcore truck one day, but I gotta finish this one first.

19. chvycwby

chvycwby Newbie

roll bar

sorry to hijack... but, SILVER84K5, do you still have the roll bar for the blazer? is it still free? im from hillsboro as well, and would like to take that off your hands if possible

20. coptezr

coptezr 1/2 ton status

are you still giving that roll bar away? Or im will to give you some money for it?:D