Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Roll Cage Blues

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by roostr3269, Jul 19, 2002.

1. roostr3269

roostr3269 1/2 ton status

I just found out the guy who was going to do my cage for me decided to back out at the last minute, which has left me in a serious bind. I looked at s&w, and smittybilt, but dont really like the looks of either. I am looking for a full coverage cage. Does anyone know of anybody else that sells a weld in cage kit or anything? I think this puts a major hold on the blazer bash this year. Thanx in advance for the help.

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Buy a tube bender and make one. If the guy was going to charge $700 or so you can get a bender for about that. Then you can charge all your buds to build them cages /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

should have spoke up a couple days ago we could have copied mine for ya but it's in now and would be a pain to copy pieces not that there welded

4. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

What don't you like about the S&W cage kit? What type of coverage do you want? I have the S&W Cage kit and here are pics:

Cage Pics

I installed mine behind the dash instead of through it, but it would easily go through it.

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

gah, what is this, the 80s? who cares what a cage *looks* like so long as it is functional. Worrying about looks is what the ricer crowd is for! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

J

6. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

7. roostr3269

roostr3269 1/2 ton status

Mudzer, to be honest, it wasnt all the looks in my case, but the fact that the guy from s&w said they were only frontal coverage and he didnt have any pics to how it was layed out, but i should have thought about adding to it to get the full coverage which is probaly what i am going to do after looking at what yours looks like. And true words JEK, actually, my jimmy has been all drivetrain and havent touched the body up till this point. I got a month before blazerbash, so i gotta get the led out. Also another little setback with the 502 and a rear main leak, dohhhhhhh Thanx for all the responses.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> That S&amp;W cage looks like it's really far away from the body, but maybe it's just the pics. It seems as though the halo should be tucked up closer to the roof, and the front bar on the halo should be farther forward. Maybe it's the camera playing tricks with it, but the way it appears it looks like it would be really obtrusive in the cab. </font color>