Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Roll Cage Kits?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bottomfeeder, Jan 21, 2005.

1. bottomfeeder

bottomfeeder 1/2 ton status

I did a search for info and did not come up with the answers I am looking for.

Where can I get a good front and rear cage for my 77? Do you guys recommend this approach? Anybody have pictures?

Thanx

2. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

SMITTYBUILT ROLL CAGE FROM 4wheelparts.com Part #’s BL 84, BL 478

Sorry no pics.........

3. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

do a search this has been discussed many times. I'm going to buy a S&W

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Smittybuilt uses crap steel for there cage kits. I have part of a Smittybuilt setup in my truck and the metal was a huge PITA to try and weld together with the rest of the cage kit that a friend built for me. My front legs in my cage are Smittybuilt. I like the fit but don't like the steel. My kit is a little old so they may have changed the steel since mine was produced but if they haven't then it sucks.

Call some of the local fab shops and see what they want for a cage. There are dozens of them. FST, Desert Fab Motorsports, Randy Ellis, Campbell, and the list goes on and on.

There is a new shop starting that you may be able to get some work done for as a prototype for a product for them. It is Simply Offroad. www.simplyoffroad.com

They are going to be doing some custom plastic work for my truck soon as a prototype. They are looking into building bumpers and sliders for K5's as well. They might need a test mule, hint hint. Tell them Harley sent you.

Harley

5. tayven

tayven 1/2 ton status

Smitty Bulit Was Great!!

I bought a smitty built cage becasue I wanted a convertible so bad. Theres was the best priced and the easiest to install. Unlike the above member I found it very easy to customize and add additional supports and even install custom seat mounts and Five point Harness's. I would definately reccomend them to anyone looking for a easy to install Cage. There are also very friendly to speak with over the phone and are more than willing to help with any questions.

6. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

You have a pm.